• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
High concentration of water and high water potential are the same terms BCS both terms mean that there is solute in the soloution

Reaction score
Q explain what may happen to the cells lining the trachea in a smoker and how this may affect the person's health ?
Q describe and explain what might happen to a person's breathing as they climb up a mountain
Q explain why it is important for a man to maintain a constant body temperature of 37 degrees .

I was studing respiration and homeostasis and found trouble in answering these questions . Could u guys help me out .

Reaction score
Tobacco smoking causes lung cancer...the smoke makes the lining of the trachea produce more mucus that travels don to the bronchioles and alveoli rendering them unfit for the diffusion of gases, the mucus can become a breeding ground for the bacteria which will then cause chronic infections also the cilia lining the air passage stops beating

Reaction score
The constant temp is necessary for the enzymes to function properly..these r biological catalyst so can be affected by temp
And enzymes r like really very important so can't live without them functioning properly

Reaction score
Can someone share a source on how to get question papers for igcse may June 2017 physics papers or biology papers for 41 or 61 or 21

Last edited:
Reaction score
Take your time:)
I got it :)

So, as u know, high water potential means that there is high water molecules which are free to move i .e there is less solute bonded 2 water molecules but for low water potential, there is more solute bonded 2 water molecules , hence, there is less water molecules that are free 2 move. Water has the tendency 2 move freely from both high water potential 2 low water potential n vice- versa but the one who has more free H2O molecules movement will b seen . As a result, it xplains day H2O moves from high w.p 2 low w.p .

Reaction score
Emmris....is she right about that becz i am confused now
she's right it's just dat we don't normally say dat z water is concentrated !!! It just don't make sense ! So this term "concentrated" does fit so well though u will get ur points if u wrote them.