• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Meine ye parhlia lekin koi ye bataya ke kia karna hota hai
Yar online registration karo. Form ban jaye ga. Print that out. Pay for the exams. Get the deposit slip. Put passport slip passport copy and form and three recent pics in the envelope given by British Council. Put this in dropbox in SCB branch(jahan par pay kia tha)

And u will get a provisional SOE two weeks after registration. The real soe will be posted to your house with venue details

Reaction score
HELP!!
I want help with history. firstly, in a question about promotion of sindhi language (4 marks) do we need to give brief history? Marking schemes mentions this point: Goes back to 12th Century. So is it necessary to add it?
Secondly, there is a 14 mark question: Was the Industrial Revolution in Britain the most important reason why the British were able to take control of India between 1750 and 1850? Explain your answer.
Since the timeline says up to 1850, we shouldn't write about doctrine of lapse, whereas it is written in the marking scheme. So what would be the correct answer? And it would be great if anyone can provide me the answer to this question.

Reaction score
Yar online registration karo. Form ban jaye ga. Print that out. Pay for the exams. Get the deposit slip. Put passport slip passport copy and form and three recent pics in the envelope given by British Council. Put this in dropbox in SCB branch(jahan par pay kia tha)

And u will get a provisional SOE two weeks after registration. The real soe will be posted to your house with venue details
How do i get the envelope by british council

Reaction score
HELP!!
I want help with history. firstly, in a question about promotion of sindhi language (4 marks) do we need to give brief history? Marking schemes mentions this point: Goes back to 12th Century. So is it necessary to add it?
Secondly, there is a 14 mark question: Was the Industrial Revolution in Britain the most important reason why the British were able to take control of India between 1750 and 1850? Explain your answer.
Since the timeline says up to 1850, we shouldn't write about doctrine of lapse, whereas it is written in the marking scheme. So what would be the correct answer? And it would be great if anyone can provide me the answer to this question.
Firstly stop worrying about four mark questions. They are the easiest questions! If you write only 4 facts, you'll score 4 marks :) ! According to me there's no need to mention the history. Just mention the promotion steps like this:

"Sindhi, spoken in Sindh, has been nourished and nurtured through promotion and development since 1947. Sindhi literary board was set up in 1948 which had produced many books with coordination of poets like F.N Bux and G. Allone. Sindhi library in Karachi has helped Sindhi literature spread. Many folk writings have also been produced. Bazm-e-Talib-ul-Muola have been set up which translates books into Sindhi. After 1947 large numbers of Urdu speaking refugees were settled in Sindh. Sindhi- Speaking people feared their language and culture were being destroyed. After riots in 1972, in support of preserving their language and culture, the govt. guaranteed the special importance of the Sindhi language."

An answer like this would be enough to get 4/4 marks.

And as far the 14 mark question is concerned, you can give the events which are close to the time frame. Doctrine of lapse was in 1852, (very close to the upper limit of 1850) So you can give such events in your answer, there's no harm. But if you start giving events which were century later in the answer then that would be irrelevant.

Reaction score
Firstly stop worrying about four mark questions. They are the easiest questions! If you write only 4 facts, you'll score 4 marks :) ! According to me there's no need to mention the history. Just mention the promotion steps like this:

"Sindhi, spoken in Sindh, has been nourished and nurtured through promotion and development since 1947. Sindhi literary board was set up in 1948 which had produced many books with coordination of poets like F.N Bux and G. Allone. Sindhi library in Karachi has helped Sindhi literature spread. Many folk writings have also been produced. Bazm-e-Talib-ul-Muola have been set up which translates books into Sindhi. After 1947 large numbers of Urdu speaking refugees were settled in Sindh. Sindhi- Speaking people feared their language and culture were being destroyed. After riots in 1972, in support of preserving their language and culture, the govt. guaranteed the special importance of the Sindhi language."

An answer like this would be enough to get 4/4 marks.

And as far the 14 mark question is concerned, you can give the events which are close to the time frame. Doctrine of lapse was in 1852, (very close to the upper limit of 1850) So you can give such events in your answer, there's no harm. But if you start giving events which were century later in the answer then that would be irrelevant.
Well, thank you :)
And for the same 14 mark question, marking scheme mentions candidates may write educational and religious reforms of british. How are they relevant to this ques?

Reaction score
Well, thank you :)
And for the same 14 mark question, marking scheme mentions candidates may write educational and religious reforms of british. How are they relevant to this ques?
The educational and religious reforms played a little role in the British take over. British started teaching them Western Ideas. When Children were taught this, they became more sympathetic to the British, as Thomas Babington Maucalay , hoped of teaching a class of Indians who would take on western values and would help them in governing other Indians.

Similarly, in religious reforms, British abandoned female infanticide, banned Suttee etc. These reforms were welcomed by the moderates as they were too cruel ways which were replaced by British. This earned them support from moderate Indians and aided in gripping their control of India. Even the Christian Missionaries taught young Indians Christianity which helped them in tightening their grip over India as youngster became pro-British as a result.

*But please note that these were not the most important factors. You can include them in your answer, but they must relate to the notion of the question as I have related them. You can get into Level 4 or 5 even without them as they didn't offer any direct help to British; mostly these reforms caused uproar in India.

Reaction score
Hey there! I gave Islamiat in May and Alhamdullilah they are saying that i am in the distinction list :)...
So i spend my time guiding people! Best way to get 9 or even 10 in question a) is to write at least 2 pages, ATLEAST. Mention 3-4 verses or ahadith and i guarentee you an A* easily...
Good luck :)
how u came to know that u r in the distinction list?

Reaction score
The educational and religious reforms played a little role in the British take over. British started teaching them Western Ideas. When Children were taught this, they became more sympathetic to the British, as Thomas Babington Maucalay , hoped of teaching a class of Indians who would take on western values and would help them in governing other Indians.

Similarly, in religious reforms, British abandoned female infanticide, banned Suttee etc. These reforms were welcomed by the moderates as they were too cruel ways which were replaced by British. This earned them support from moderate Indians and aided in gripping their control of India. Even the Christian Missionaries taught young Indians Christianity which helped them in tightening their grip over India as youngster became pro-British as a result.

*But please note that these were not the most important factors. You can include them in your answer, but they must relate to the notion of the question as I have related them. You can get into Level 4 or 5 even without them as they didn't offer any direct help to British; mostly these reforms caused uproar in India.
Okay, i get it. thanks. :)

Reaction score
How do i get the envelope by british council
when you fill the form, you give them your home address, whatever address you put there, they send the statement of entry (in an envelope) to that address. You'll get to know these trifling things yourself once you start doing it. They actually guide you dos and don'ts of each and everything.

Reaction score
In the battle of uhad, when the cry was raised that Prophet(pbuh) had been killed, who was the person who had actually died?

Reaction score
Has anybody got the sample papers of Islamiyat, Pak Studies and Urdu, checked by Cambridge??

Reaction score
Hey can anybody plz tell me the 3 major reasons for the foundation of the khilafat movement??
I don't find worthwhile points in nigel smith bqz there is alot of repitition....plz helppppp!!