• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pakistan Studies, Islamiyat and Urdu: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
what were the morley-minto reforms? (4)
-The Imperial councils to be increased by 60 members
-The Executive = = == = == = = = == = = = = = == = = =.
-The provincial councils to be increased by 50 and 30 members in large and small provinces respectively.
-The rights for separate electorates for Muslims were given

Reaction score
'partition or reverse?' Were the reasons for the partition of bengal more important than those of the reversal?Explain (14)

please can someone tell me the conclusion

The partition of Bengal happened in the year 1905 suggested by Lord Curzon in 1903.

He suggested the partition because of many reasons. The most important reason according to most of the historians is the administration problem as it was very difficult to govern and administrate such a huge area of miles. Therefore he after considering this suggested the partition and it was partitioned after 2 years. It was very good for Muslims as they would easily be known as the majority party in one of the province due to which they supported it but for Hindus, they thought that British is applying their divide and rule policy so they opposed it.

Muslims were very happy so they did not oppose but Hindus were very angry so they did oppose the partition of Bengal in many forms. Gandhi made a Non Cooperation movement in which they started the demonstrations and many strikes were taken place, he also started the Swadeshi movement in which they boycotted all the goods or clothes made by the British, they also attempted an assassination attempt on the viceroy Lord Minto, The situation was getting out of control. Therefore later in the year 1911 British had to reverse the partition of Bengal. It was bitterly opposed by the Congress because it was largely made up of Hindu members.

According to me the most important reasons were of the reversal of the Partition of Bengal in 1911 as it made difficult for British to continue with the Partition of Bengal.

may be this is too small! but i hope it works!

Reaction score
At the third and final khilafat conference, why does it mention "Muslims were instructed not to attend schools and colleges, work in the police or army, or co-operate in any way with the british" and soon after these resolutions, the khilafat leaders were arrested. Wasn't the policy of non-cooperation being practised since the first khilafat conference? howcome the books mention non-cooperation launch in every conference, whereas it was on-going continuously?

Reaction score
At the third and final khilafat conference, why does it mention "Muslims were instructed not to attend schools and colleges, work in the police or army, or co-operate in any way with the british" and soon after these resolutions, the khilafat leaders were arrested. Wasn't the policy of non-cooperation being practised since the first khilafat conference? howcome the books mention non-cooperation launch in every conference, whereas it was on-going continuously?
lol i m also little confuse here.
By the way u talking about Khilafat conference or RTC?

Reaction score
The partition of Bengal happened in the year 1905 suggested by Lord Curzon in 1903.

He suggested the partition because of many reasons. The most important reason according to most of the historians is the administration problem as it was very difficult to govern and administrate such a huge area of miles. Therefore he after considering this suggested the partition and it was partitioned after 2 years. It was very good for Muslims as they would easily be known as the majority party in one of the province due to which they supported it but for Hindus, they thought that British is applying their divide and rule policy so they opposed it.

Muslims were very happy so they did not oppose but Hindus were very angry so they did oppose the partition of Bengal in many forms. Gandhi made a Non Cooperation movement in which they started the demonstrations and many strikes were taken place, he also started the Swadeshi movement in which they boycotted all the goods or clothes made by the British, they also attempted an assassination attempt on the viceroy Lord Minto, The situation was getting out of control. Therefore later in the year 1911 British had to reverse the partition of Bengal. It was bitterly opposed by the Congress because it was largely made up of Hindu members.

According to me the most important reasons were of the reversal of the Partition of Bengal in 1911 as it made difficult for British to continue with the Partition of Bengal.

may be this is too small! but i hope it works!

did educational reforms have more a important effect on the indians than social, religious and economic ones from 1773-1856? Explain (14)

conclusion of this one also plz :)

Reaction score
did educational reforms have more a important effect on the indians than social, religious and economic ones from 1773-1856? Explain (14)

conclusion of this one also plz :)
Many reforms were made by British which resulted in the war of Independence 1857 led by the Indians.

One of the most important reform was the educational reforms. Under these reforms British made English as the medium of the teaching which was totally understood by most of the students and Christianity was taught by the British irrespective of the religion of students, it made difficult for the children to study in the schools as they are mostly Hindu and Muslim. These reforms effected Indian so much that now they can't even send their children to educational institutes due to which they started to lack behind in education.

The other important reform was the economic reform, British was giving very less wages to the Indian soldiers and they even did not have a chance of getting promoted. It means most of the Indian soldiers will remain poor and they will not be able to get rich. The other reforms were Social and religious in which British announced the new cartridges. The cartridges had an opening and soldiers had to bite it to reload and that opening was made of the flesh of pig and cow. Muslims are not allowed eat the flesh of pig as it is haram in their religion and Hindus were also not allowed to eat the flesh of cow as it was sacred in their religion. Therefore, it soon becomes the main reason for the war of independence 1857.

According to many historians Educational reforms had a great effect on the people of Indian subcontinent as it did not allow any student to study in the educational institutes which soon became the reason for the lack of education in the people of the Indian subcontinent. Therefore I do agree with the statement.

I hope this one is ok!!! :)

Reaction score
can anybody tell me what was british policy towards tribal territories? and also what was 1906 manifesto? and yeah what are the disadvantages of urdu being a national language? these things i found in the syllabus but can't find em in the book. plz help :(

Reaction score
si
sry dudet, i haven't done sec 3

dude its from sec 1 :p

What were subsidiary alliances?(4)
help..

the doctrine of subsidiary alliance was introduced by Marques Wellesly. Many small rulers signe it as it gave them security against attack by their neighbours. The nizam of hyderabad was first to enter into such an alliance. Tipu Sultan of mysore refused to do so, but after the 4th Anglo-Mysore war, Mysore was forced to become a subsidiary state. The nawab of oudh was the next to accept the subsidiary alliance. (ans by suchal riaz)

Reaction score
I have completed my preparation for history but I just cant able to memorize the constitutions: 1956, 1962 etc no matter how much I try to learn them. I always seem to forget it. Should I leave it or just learn 2 to 3 points? Speaking of section 2, I want to ask what is the August offer? Is it the same as the cripps mission?

Reaction score
I have completed my preparation for history but I just cant able to memorize the constitutions: 1956, 1962 etc no matter how much I try to learn them. I always seem to forget it. Should I leave it or just learn 2 to 3 points? Speaking of section 2, I want to ask what is the August offer? Is it the same as the cripps mission?
August offer happened in 1940 when viceroy linlithgow made an offer to muslim league that no future constitution would be made without agreement of muslim league and in return they would have to support britian but the offer was turned down when viceroy refused to give equal or more representation to muslims in the proposed defence council.
On the other hand in 1942 cripps mission came to india to gather support for the war effort.
Hope i answered your question.

Reaction score
Do you agree West Pakistan lost the 1971 war due to the Indian Intervention ? Explain your answer . (14)
Need 5-7 Points...
This is a Probable Exam Question..
A quick reply would be appreciated...
india had better military
india had support of the soviet union so arms,wepons,money,soldiers,etc were provided
the bengalis themselves were not interested in joining west pak so they themselves joined in dia--so lack of support
pak didnot get help of usa or UNO or China
mukti bahini ie indian trained force that was of bengalis attacked jessore......
pakistani army was reluctant to fight against fellow brothers
yahya called back forces though they could've won but as now pak had surrenderd they lost
hope it help :)

Reaction score
hey,can anybody plx give me complete answer for "indian resistance to british attempts to take control of subcontinent btw 1750 till 1856 was totally unsucessful, do u agree?explain ur answer" ...i want elaborated answer:)..pllllxxxx help

Reaction score
Why did India want go to war with Pakistan in 1971 ? (7)
OR
Why did India go to war with Pakistan in 1971 ? (7)

Need 3 points...
to weaken pakistan by partitioning it as pak's economy came from east pakistan
to take revenge of 1947 when mother india had been divided, wanted to give same pain

i don't know if that is a question cuz this
time it was just an intervention by india but maybe they INTERVENED becoause of these reasons....howerver a 7 marks question is about why eat pakistan seeked independence ?

NIM

Reaction score
excuse me i just had a doubt what is meant by
'LEVEL 5: As Level 4 – also produces a judgement or evaluation'..
thnx in advance... jazakallah

Reaction score
excuse me i just had a doubt what is meant by
'LEVEL 5: As Level 4 – also produces a judgement or evaluation'..
thnx in advance... jazakallah
It means write a level 4 answer and then write a judgement or evaluation to achieve level 5 answer :)