• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
If you guys want there is a whats app group for AS and A level students, you can get yourself added there and help people to clarify their doubts and get your self helped by posting your doubts within few minutes. If you wanna get added, leave a whats app message on: +919426116018 saying 'Add me to the A level group.' Thank yiu.

Reaction score
Two lines have equations y=m1x+c1 and y=m2x+c2, and m1m2= -1. Prove that the lines are perpendicular.
(PS for 22, I couldn't type the 1s and 2s in subscript, sorry.)

Reaction score
Deeksha Tamang thanks for making my correction! my mistake:oops::D:eek:
Here you go with the right one:
Taking square on both sides
(2-3x)^2<(x-3)^2
you will get
8x^2-12x+9x^2<x^2-6x+4-9
Simplify it
8x^2-6x-5<0
Solve it with quadratic formula to get:
x=-1/2, 5/4

Hope I helped.;)
but why can't accept 5/4? the answer is only -1/2. :cool:BUT it helped me a lot thanks:):):)(y)

Reaction score
Differentiate the eqn given to u and equate it to 0. solve for x and get your y substituting the eqn you get for x in the main eqn.

Draw cosec(1/2 x) = y and 1/3 (x) + 1 = y on same axis and show that the graph interstcts at one point in the given domain.

for next part, do this:
Let f(x) = coesec(1/2 x) - x/3 - 1
now substitute values of x that is 1.4 and 1.6 and see if there is a sign change...
by that i mean if u sub value of x as 1.4 u will get some number either +ve or -ve and same way u get a + or - number when u sub 1.6... so if u see a sign chenge then it means that solution lies between 1.4 and 1.6 (y)

If you want detailed answer contact me on whats app : +919426116018

Reaction score
Differentiate the eqn given to u and equate it to 0. solve for x and get your y substituting the eqn you get for x in the main eqn.

Draw cosec(1/2 x) = y and 1/3 (x) + 1 = y on same axis and show that the graph interstcts at one point in the given domain.

for next part, do this:
Let f(x) = coesec(1/2 x) - x/3 - 1
now substitute values of x that is 1.4 and 1.6 and see if there is a sign change...
by that i mean if u sub value of x as 1.4 u will get some number either +ve or -ve and same way u get a + or - number when u sub 1.6... so if u see a sign chenge then it means that solution lies between 1.4 and 1.6 (y)

If you want detailed answer contact me on whats app : +919426116018
Kindly help me out in Q4 too .
Thanks.

Reaction score
If I was able to do correct differentiation, would i be asking you???
You asked for a help and I think this was enough of help. I thought you just want an idea.
Anyways, its time consuming to type it all here, I wanted you to show it by explaining each steps on zoom meetings, that's why I left my number so that we can discuss more. xD :LOL: