• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mathematics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
d/dx(2x−11−x)

=(1−x)⋅d/dx(2x−1)−d/dx(1−x)⋅(2x−1)(1−x)2

=2⋅(1−x)−−1⋅(2x−1)(1−x)2

=2x+2⋅(1−x)−1(1−x)2

simplify:

=2x−1(1−x)2+21−x :) Is this the answer ?

You mis-interpreted the equation. The originalequation was Y = (2x-1) divided by (1-x)

Reaction score
Reaction score
ummm ahem ahem... asd show off AHEM!! xD

agreed A star? :p

serioussllyyyy stats STATTSS is easy??!! :eek:
wooww....!!
LOOL. PLEEASSEE DUDE. I swear I think its easy! :p
I find mechanics harder seriously.
haha xD well then try going for commerce those with a commerce back ground or those who would generally do well in commerce do well in S1 :p and if you found S1 easy you shold have taken S1 S2 the difference is really nothing except 2 questions and increased difficulty

Reaction score
i hope u get wat's writtenn here :p

i assumed the normal vector of the 2nd plane to be (a, b, c)
as we know that the plane is perpendicular to the other lane then their normal vectors will also b perpendicular.
according to cross product n1.n2 = 0 which gives us
a + 2b + 3c = 0

the line and the plane are parellel which means the normal vector of the plane is perpendicular to the direction vector of the line
so m.n2 = 0 gives us:
a - 2b + c = 0

i used substitution method here .. u can use elimination method too ... and solve the equations simultaneously
(4b, b, -2b) is the normal vector which when simplified gives
(4, 1, -2b)

then multiply the normal vector with the position vector of the point on the plane to get 'd'
:)

It sounds very simple that I see it explained now.
Thanks alot!

Reaction score
I found this site this year , i was angry i couldn't find it last year for my M1 :D
http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/resources/a level revision/M1.pdf
And regarding your question , i remember it came last year in my exam and i left it !!
i think 95% were not able to do it ! but that doesnt mean you give up :) go thorough notes and check if that helps
thankkss a loott!! (Y)

but they don't have pulleys, work, power and energy k notes and a couple other things :(

but the topics they have are quite well explained :)