• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

I just started my AS course :((

Reaction score
hello! i just entered the AS world as well, it seems so different as u guys say, i'm stressed , i'm taking 4 subjects, bio,chem,math and ict cambridge, any advice could help?

Reaction score
hello! i just entered the AS world as well, it seems so different as u guys say, i'm stressed , i'm taking 4 subjects, bio,chem,math and ict cambridge, any advice could help?

dont start exam revision a few days before the exam!!!start it now!!after each chapter...that way ull do well

Reaction score
drink some coffee and relax, you've plenty of time for 4 subjects. Make a plan and use your time properly and enjoy your life :p

Reaction score
Haha, I had 6 subjects. I wasted 6 months in facebook, hanging out with friends and doing extra curriculurs. Then in mid February, I tried to solve past papers and got E D E D E D, that's when I realised um dead. But I did nt give up! :p I crammed for 2 months and got 6As. I can't understand why you guys are so worried, lol. You have 3 or 4 subjects with ages of time! Just chill and enjoy your life! :D

Reaction score
Thank you xD do u guys know any website which is good for ict notes? i want practical videos as well,

Reaction score
Haha, I had 6 subjects. I wasted 6 months in facebook, hanging out with friends and doing extra curriculurs. Then in mid February, I tried to solve past papers and got E D E D E D, that's when I realised um dead. But I did nt give up! :p I crammed for 2 months and got 6As. I can't understand why you guys are so worried, lol. You have 3 or 4 subjects with ages of time! Just chill and enjoy your life! :D

I see hope

Reaction score
Oh, if you have really cool O level or IGCSE grades don't start flying like a balloon! :p I had 9 A* and an A in O level and I became over confident. I thought O levels and A levels were same. :p So initially I took 7 subjects and dropped one when I regained my consciousness from the "O level euphoria". I neglected AS and took things lightly, I did nt study and got obsessed with extra curriculars and hangouts. and then everything changed after my registration and mock result in mid Feb. I went nuts! But I never gave up! That was the reason for my good result. I have one advice for you guys "NEVER EVER GIVE UP. EVEN IF THE WHOLE WORLD SAYS YOU CAN'T, YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE YOU CAN" :D and most importantly. in everything you do, always ask for help from Allah! :) don't get overwhelmed by good O level grades - otherwise you will be in trouble (or may be you will go nuts 2 months before the exam and still cram the grades) :p

Would you mind if you ask you what were your resources I really have trouble studying in my IGCSE i tried to study at my best but i dunno why did i end up with not that good great but Alhamdullilah i passed but now that i am in As i fear something is gonna go wrong i have decided to take 4 subjects and i am only one of 3 people who took 4 subjects My teachers have a difficult time explaining me concepts I feel like there is something wrong with me i am not like the other i might end up failing at sitting at home :( But i do believe i can I just am not that confident and MashAllah you had amazing greats you might have been an shining student? And yeah what were your subjects? I hope you don't mind me disturbing and having a little time of yours to answer my silly questions :)

Reaction score
Would you mind if you ask you what were your resources I really have trouble studying in my IGCSE i tried to study at my best but i dunno why did i end up with not that good great but Alhamdullilah i passed but now that i am in As i fear something is gonna go wrong i have decided to take 4 subjects and i am only one of 3 people who took 4 subjects My teachers have a difficult time explaining me concepts I feel like there is something wrong with me i am not like the other i might end up failing at sitting at home :( But i do believe i can I just am not that confident and MashAllah you had amazing greats you might have been an shining student? And yeah what were your subjects? I hope you don't mind me disturbing and having a little time of yours to answer my silly questions :)
No problem, I will be glad to help. Your grades are good, don't worry! I have Physics, Chemistry. Maths, Biology, Computing and Accounting in A level. For Maths I understood the concepts from Cambridge endorsed books and used the Edexcel books as reference. I read year wise past paper solutions from Redspot because I did not have time to practise the maths by myself. My Maths teacher was nt that good, so I had to self-study this subject. For Physics, I read the coursebook and then moved on to past papers - the key to do well in Physics is to solve as much past papers as possible. For Chemistry, I read the coursebook and used the website www.chemguide.co.uk as reference. My Physics and Chemistry teachers were really helpful. In A levels, you have to study by yourself, the teacher won't spoon-feed you. This might look daunting at the start but once you get used to it, it won't be difficult. Make good use of your time and resources. What subjects did you take?

Reaction score
No problem, I will be glad to help. Your grades are good, don't worry! I have Physics, Chemistry. Maths, Biology, Computing and Accounting in A level. For Maths I understood the concepts from Cambridge endorsed books and used the Edexcel books as reference. I read year wise past paper solutions from Redspot because I did not have time to practise the maths by myself. My Maths teacher was nt that good, so I had to self-study this subject. For Physics, I read the coursebook and then moved on to past papers - the key to do well in Physics is to solve as much past papers as possible. For Chemistry, I read the coursebook and used the website www.chemguide.co.uk as reference. My Physics and Chemistry teachers were really helpful. In A levels, you have to study by yourself, the teacher won't spoon-feed you. This might look daunting at the start but once you get used to it, it won't be difficult. Make good use of your time and resources. What subjects did you take?

Thank you so much for your advice just a doubt how do you get year wise pastpaper solutions and is'n that for A levels? http://www.redspot.com.pk you used this site right?
I have taken Physics Chemistry Biology and Maths

Reaction score
Thank you so much for your advice just a doubt how do you get year wise pastpaper solutions and is'n that for A levels? http://www.redspot.com.pk you used this site right?
I have taken Physics Chemistry Biology and Maths
Yes the Redspot book is for A level. No I did not use this link, I bought the book from the local book store of my city. For Biology, I would suggest you should strictly follow the Coursebook and the A level Biology revision guide. The revision guide is a condensed version of the key concepts and the Coursebook provides a detailed explanation of everything you need to know

Reaction score
I didnt give AS but I just want to tell you, you are not alone! When I started my A lev last year, I totally panicked. I had the most stressful first few months. But yea, keep revising everything you do in school, daily. It will take off a lot of burden in the end. Plus, dont be too stressed. It is easily do-able. Just have confidence and dont let the gap get you down. A lev is very advanced and the fact that you have to be very precise in your answers and give 5 papers can be over whelming, but its not impossible.

Reaction score
Hello there guys :) i just finished my OLs this june and entered my AS course for 3 subjects ( physics maths and chemistry) . The AS is really different than the OL and for some reason this is making me panic :( well, the past papers look really complex. However im moving with my teacher step by step and finished the first 2 chaps in each in addition to solving classified papers .. So am i on the right track? How do i get an A in them? How shall i study with the past papers in parallel?
Thanks
As i wrote on another post before:
I am an Alevel student myself, and have completed my AS level. For chemistry, physics and biology I'd advise you not to confuse yourself with too many books, and study the mark schemes really well, the mark distributions are a little different than O-level.
1. Chemistry - the coursebook is awesome. Believe me. Just the organic reactions are a bit messy there. List them down on a page, specially the halogenoalkanes ones
pg- 231 and 232 of the coursebook. Read the entire paragraph really carefully, you'll notice that there are more than 3 reactions detailed there. The coursebook iseverything. After that, practice a lot of question papers, especially paper 1.
2. Physics - Read the coursebook carefully, but it's not enough. Practicing past papers is quite important, both paper 1 and 2. They repeat a lot of questions in paper 1, make sure you do every single paper from 2003 atleast once. Do the papers after 2010 more than once if you can.
3.Biology - Read the book, make sure you have a clear concept, refer to your o-level book if you need to. Study the markschemes really carefully. Questions are repeated both in p1 and p2.