• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score

Attachments

• 9706_w14_qp_31.pdf
    191.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 9706_w14_qp_32.pdf
    145.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 9706_w14_qp_33.pdf
    157.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 9706_w14_qp_41.pdf
    112.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 9706_w14_qp_42.pdf
    113.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 9706_w14_qp_43.pdf
    118 KB · Views: 0
Reaction score
Can someone xplain me what are "LOng term bonds or debentures" pls?
Company needs finance for acquiring fixed Assets or business expansion, there are three sources of finance for available for company, first company can use retained earnings (which are accumulated profit for previous years not distributed as dividends), second option is that company can issue new shares which will increase capital and company can purchase assets or expand business, 3rd source is borrowing long term finance from 3rd party (Outside), this borrowing is done through issue of debentures, Debentures are like long term loan for company, company has to pay fixed interest on Debentures issued by company, For instance company issued 10%debenture 100,000, so company will pay 10 % interest every year on these debentures, So u can say debentures are like certificates which shows indebtedness of company & it is Non-current liability for company, I hope u understand, If u have an doubt u can ask... thank u :)

Reaction score
Company needs finance for acquiring fixed Assets or business expansion, there are three sources of finance for available for company, first company can use retained earnings (which are accumulated profit for previous years not distributed as dividends), second option is that company can issue new shares which will increase capital and company can purchase assets or expand business, 3rd source is borrowing long term finance from 3rd party (Outside), this borrowing is done through issue of debentures, Debentures are like long term loan for company, company has to pay fixed interest on Debentures issued by company, For instance company issued 10%debenture 100,000, so company will pay 10 % interest every year on these debentures, So u can say debentures are like certificates which shows indebtedness of company & it is Non-current liability for company, I hope u understand, If u have an doubt u can ask... thank u :)
y do company has to pay interest when they r the ones issuing bonds?

Reaction score
also, cn u pls tel me which book do u use? :(
There r a few pages whch i need to understand so in-case u hv d same book as of mine ..u can help me out if convenient??

Reaction score
y do company has to pay interest when they r the ones issuing bonds?
C, it's v simple... What u think why company gives dividend when it issues shares to public? simple!!! Company receives money from shareholders for shares which company issued, similarly when company issue debentures company receives money , When u take money from someone u have to pay interest on that, So company issues debentures in return public give them money as a loan on which they have to pay interest unless they don't take their deb. back from public which is called redemption of deb. I hope u understand :) I m using harold randall and david hopkin...

Reaction score
C, it's v simple... What u think why company gives dividend when it issues shares to public? simple!!! Company receives money from shareholders for shares which company issued, similarly when company issue debentures company receives money , When u take money from someone u have to pay interest on that, So company issues debentures in return public give them money as a loan on which they have to pay interest unless they don't take their deb. back from public which is called redemption of deb. I hope u understand :) I m using harold randall and david hopkin...
i see :D thanksss
M using farquharson :(

Reaction score
Explain the likely conflict btweeen the triple bottom line objectives of a social enterprise operating in your country? M/J'13 8 marks
Help! azaanahsan

Reaction score
Although I think it's too late to start while having no concepts but anyways try Accounting by Harold Randall & David Hopkins ....
Hey... I do have all the concepts in mind... totally fine with the concepts in the book your talking bout because that is the book I used for my classes. I just don't know how to approach a particular question. For example... One of the papers asked to create a capital account for 3 partners(1 newly joined) but said that they decided that the goodwill will not be maintained in the books. However, the mark scheme suggests that they were expecting us to record the goodwill amounts. So, basically, I wanted to know if there are any tips or tricks anyone can suggest that I can use in order to understand the questions better.

Reaction score
Guys I have a doubt... How exactly do forecast grades matter??? Do they affect your final board evaluation???