• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Economics, Accounting & Business: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
opening accumulated depreciation is 200 but when u will find out dep. for this year i-e 100 then it will become 200 + 100 = 300 & in SOFP u have to subtract this 300(closing accumulated dep.) from Cost of vehicle... Hope i answer ur question :)
Pls help me out azaan!

Reaction score
Hello!We can help each other out..I'm giving A level ACCOUNTING AND BUSINESS STUDIES this may....What say??
Me too. I'm giving A level accounting this May. Pls read my previous post, help me out in getting the correct answer, pretty pleaaaaaaaaaassssssssssssseeeeeeeeee

Reaction score
Asalam u alaikum, everyone! I'm giving Alevel as in all of it together since I'm a private candidate...could some one please provide me notes? :/ COs' I'm doomed

Reaction score
Also what tips and tricks can you give me...I'm really in need of it.. I'm studying BS all by myelf

Reaction score
Hello can someone help me put with the Additional Exercises of Chapter 20 (Inventory Valuation) Q.3 ?
The book is :Cambridge International AS and A Level accounting.

Reaction score
please help me as soon as possible with relevant and proper description :)

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    181.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    251 KB · Views: 2
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    672 KB · Views: 1
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    831.9 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
can someone explain 27,28?
View attachment 50942

For 27, I think It's C, Deficit means there are more imports than exports. More imports ultimately means that local currency will have to be changed into forign currency to make payments. That being said, the outflow of money will be more than inflow of money and that'll leave less money within the economy.

For 28 It's B, A fall in the interest rate means producers will be ecncouraged to borrow more for inevestment, which will ultimately increase the price of the product as the producers will add that "LOAN' in the cost of production which means COST-Push Inflation. On the other hand,people now will not get the benefit of keeping their money in the bank as there is less retrun due to fall in interest rate. This being the situation consumers will spend more and demand more for things instead of saving money, and that'll increase demand pull inflation.

Hope I wrote it clearly so you could understand...and please do tell me the answers if you have them?

Last edited:
Reaction score
For 27, I think It's C, Deficit means there are more imports than exports. More imports ultimately means that local currency will have to be changed into forign currency to make payments. That being said, the outflow of money will be more than inflow of money and that'll leave less money within the economy.

For 28 It's B, A fall in the interest rate means producers will be ecncouraged to borrow more for inevestment, which will ultimately increase the price of the product as the producers will add that "LOAN' in the cost of production which means COST-Push Inflation. On the other hand,people now will not get the benefit of keeping their money in the bank as there is less retrun due to fall in interest rate. This being the situation consumers will spend more and demand more for things instead of saving money, and that'll increase demand pull inflation.

Hope I wrote it clearly so you could understand...and please do tell me the answers if you have them?

Actually i also did B in 28,but the answer is A.I guess with worse ER the imports for producers would increase leading to cost push,and theres a net outflow of goods domestically produced due to exports being relatively cheaper now,leading to less products in the domestic market and in turn demand pull inflation.And a fall in interest would actually decrease supply side cost since obviously producers would think before borrowing and their loans now will be relatively cheaper and easier to pay back hence they would be better off than before.But i do think the demand pull would still be there in this case.

And could you elaborate 27 more clearly?It says a consequence,so isnt more spending on foreign currency a cause?But i guess,more spending leads to BOP worsening,which in turn causes net outflow of money,so maybe thats the reason.

In 3 i also did C but the ans is B.I thought since we would focus more relatively on consumer goods,we would become more efficient in the long run,and hence our PPC would favour the Consumer goods more and they would have a lower OC.But the ms shows that there is a progress in both sides and in the long run the PPC wholly shifts outwards.I guess this is one of those questions that have no real clue of specific answers.Also monopoly isnt in our syllabus cuz a question came in this paper as well dealing with monopoly and producer and consumer sovereignty.You can check.This was a really difficult paper and the GT was 21/30 for an A when usually its around 25.

Heres the paper with ms.Do give it a go.

hardly anyone posts here regarding AS economics,so i hope we can help each other out.

Attachments

• 9708_w14_ms_12.pdf
    86.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 9708_w14_qp_12.pdf
    154.1 KB · Views: 3
Reaction score
Actually i also did B in 28,but the answer is A.I guess with worse ER the imports for producers would increase leading to cost push,and theres a net outflow of goods domestically produced due to exports being relatively cheaper now,leading to less products in the domestic market and in turn demand pull inflation.And a fall in interest would actually decrease supply side cost since obviously producers would think before borrowing and their loans now will be relatively cheaper and easier to pay back hence they would be better off than before.But i do think the demand pull would still be there in this case.

And could you elaborate 27 more clearly?It says a consequence,so isnt more spending on foreign currency a cause?But i guess,more spending leads to BOP worsening,which in turn causes net outflow of money,so maybe thats the reason.

In 3 i also did C but the ans is B.I thought since we would focus more relatively on consumer goods,we would become more efficient in the long run,and hence our PPC would favour the Consumer goods more and they would have a lower OC.But the ms shows that there is a progress in both sides and in the long run the PPC wholly shifts outwards.I guess this is one of those questions that have no real clue of specific answers.Also monopoly isnt in our syllabus cuz a question came in this paper as well dealing with monopoly and producer and consumer sovereignty.You can check.This was a really difficult paper and the GT was 21/30 for an A when usually its around 25.

Heres the paper with ms.Do give it a go.

hardly anyone posts here regarding AS economics,so i hope we can help each other out.

For 27, the question's asking for the likely result/ consequence/ situation that is going to happen right after when the BOP goes in deficit. That's why It's C.

And I got the other two wrong... MAN we really are doomed :/

Btw are you giving Business studies? I'm giving Alevel Buss studies this may, whole of it together! :/

Reaction score
For 27, the question's asking for the likely result/ consequence/ situation that is going to happen right after when the BOP goes in deficit. That's why It's C.

And I got the other two wrong... MAN we really are doomed :/

Btw are you giving Business studies? I'm giving Alevel Buss studies this may, whole of it together! :/
lol dont worry,the er said no guy even managed above 26 so this was a really difficult paper,the rest are usually easy.Im only giving Eco AS,along with Phy,Chem and math so i cant help in business.Also could you explain these too,the highlighted options are the answers:Screenshot 2015-03-07 17.17.24.png Screenshot 2015-03-07 17.17.34.png Screenshot 2015-03-07 17.17.51.png Screenshot 2015-03-07 18.01.12.png

Reaction score
Hi can somebody help me with a cash flow question? It ispaper 43 winter 2011 in Accounting please?
9706/43/O/N/11 (question 2) I am still trying to figure out the payments under the investing activities. I don't know how they arrived to 3439..
Please guys..

Reaction score
Hi can somebody help me with a cash flow question? It ispaper 43 winter 2011 in Accounting please?
9706/43/O/N/11 (question 2) I am still trying to figure out the payments under the investing activities. I don't know how they arrived to 3439..
Please guys..

Attachments

• IMAG0052.jpg
    IMAG0052.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13