• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CIE or Edexcel?

Reaction score
I just gave my CIE A Level and got bad grades!
Is it a risk to give A Level "Edexcel "in June 2013?
Or should I just keep to CIE?
I find CIE very tricky compared to Edexcel,No?

Reaction score
I sugest you continue with CIE cuz ur used to the format already.. edexcel's correction, examining and testing system is very different so its not a very good idea to jump now. :) My personal opinion.

Reaction score
Edexcel accounting is boring. I shifted from Edexcel to Cie coz I found the Cie syllabus more challenging and interesting. If u want to enjoy your course, take Cie. Edexcel asks questions directly. Its easy. The format is different, its good for relatively weak students. But remember, the Cie sylabus provides beter prep for university. I wud suggest u continue wid cie.Edexcel's marking is unreliable.

Reaction score
Edexcel accounting is boring. I shifted from Edexcel to Cie coz I found the Cie syllabus more challenging and interesting. If u want to enjoy your course, take Cie. Edexcel asks questions directly. Its easy. The format is different, its good for relatively weak students. But remember, the Cie sylabus provides beter prep for university. I wud suggest u continue wid cie.Edexcel's marking is unreliable.
I have pre med subjects. I gave CIE 2 times buh highest grade was C and last year my prep was 100% and i dint manage to get an A :p
I did GCSE in Edexcel and my maths paper went satisfactory but my grade was an A same goes for other subjects

Reaction score
CIE is the best option as u already know the pattern ,so it will be more easier for you to cover the syllabus .
As far as Concernced with the Grades u should discuss each and every lesson with your friends or from teachers. thn
Insha Allah u will get an A* :)

Reaction score
Edexcel Roxxxxxx reason being grades are more difficult to acheive. edexcel is far more tricky but better for those who are accustomed to the board questions.
CIE:( THEY CHANGE UR GRADES EVEN AFTER UR RESULTS COME OUT. I DONT MEAN TO INSULT BUT CIE IS DISSAPOINTING

Reaction score
Edexcel Roxxxxxx reason being grades are more difficult to acheive. edexcel is far more tricky but better for those who are accustomed to the board questions.
CIE:( THEY CHANGE UR GRADES EVEN AFTER UR RESULTS COME OUT. I DONT MEAN TO INSULT BUT CIE IS DISSAPOINTING
hello!! CIE is far more challenging than edexel is ...edexel ques r easy its jst that their markschemes r complicated....nd like sanzaid sian said...its unreliable!!

Reaction score
hey Ash1994 posted this thread so that we cud help him/her
i dont want 2 start a debate as 2 which board is better....but u shudnt call CIE loosers!!!

Reaction score
ur wishful thinking
edexel is gud but CIE is better ...and there r more ppl in favor of CIE than edexcel on this page

Reaction score
u r the 1 who started it with ur mean comment "CIE loosers"
nd xtremepapers was not created 4 arguments nd fights...so i wont reply anymore...happy??

Reaction score
Listen guys, I have many subjects in A levels including both Commerce and Science. I have studied Edexcel at first coz one of my teachers misguided me. But later I shifted to Cie coz Edexcel is boring, less analytical, not thrilling, unreliable and provides bad prep for university compared to Cie. Have a look at further maths papers from both boards and then only u will realise the degree of difference between the two boards. However, despite the difficulty of Cie sylabus, its a shame that universities consider Cie as equal to Edexcel.

Reaction score
Listen guys, I have many subjects in A levels including both Commerce and Science. I have studied Edexcel at first coz one of my teachers misguided me. But later I shifted to Cie coz Edexcel is boring, less analytical, not thrilling, unreliable and provides bad prep for university compared to Cie. Have a look at further maths papers from both boards and then only u will realise the degree of difference between the two boards. However, despite the difficulty of Cie sylabus, its a shame that universities consider Cie as equal to Edexcel.
completely agree with u:)

Reaction score
hello!! CIE is far more challenging than edexel is ...edexel ques r easy its jst that their markschemes r complicated....nd like sanzaid sian said...its unreliable!!

Okie frst, have u even taken any edexcel examinations?? if so, then im glad u find it easy, u sure can think out of the box!! :D BUT if not, then i respect ur opinion, but this one cracked me up! Hahahaha okie thats just a brag..!!!! edexcel? ALevel? EASY??? oh suuureeee!!!! Both are challenging in their own ways!! And hell no, edexcel papers are far more challenging, wen talking bout the sciences! atleast CIE's got a trend and u can get used to it, but edexcel keeps changing their format of asking questions! yeah if ur lucky, u'll find em easy to solve, but hell no edexcel aint easy shit, nor is CIE..

Reaction score
Hmmm mate, ill tell you what, stick to CIE since ur used to their trend of asking Questions :)
if you want to try something new and get a lil challngin and think u can ace up, then uhm Edexcel it is :)
Good luck though :)