• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
I need help. I can't understand these two MCQs. :( i) Which of the enthalpy changes of the following reactions can only be obtained by Hess's law. 1 The hydration of anhydrous copper sulphate to form crystals of CuSO4.5H2O 2. The formation of methane from its elements 3. The combustion of glucose, C6H12O6 ii) Sodium ions can be formed from sodium atoms. Na(s) ---> Na+(g) Which quantities are required to calculate the enthalpy change of formation of gaseous sodium ions? 1 enthalpy change of atomisation of sodium 2 first ionisation energy of sodium 3 enthalpy change of formation of sodium.

The answer for the first question is C, 2 and 3 are correct.

Reaction score
View attachment 61504 Need help with this one. Shouldn't the answer be C? ( Ans is B)

The work and answer are shown in the image.

answer.png

A simpler way to think is that no matter how much R is generated, the amount of P + Q always stays at 2.
Therefore, the amount of P consumed must equal the amount of Q generated. This means P and Q have the same stoichiometric coefficient.

Again, this leads to Option B.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The work and answer are shown in the image.

View attachment 61505

A simpler way to think is that no matter how much R is generated, the amount of P + Q always stays at 2.
Therefore, the amount of P consumed must equal the amount of Q generated. This means P and Q have the same stoichiometric coefficient.

Again, this leads to Option B.

Wow you made it look much easier than what I had tried. Thanks!

Reaction score
View attachment 61520 Need Help ples
It's from 9701/04/O/N/04

Sorry the workings got condensed by the end.

http://imgur.com/gYjLLR2

gYjLLR2

Reaction score
Inorganic Chem is so HARD !!!!!!!
does any one of u have inorganic notes ??
and I am attaching list of organic reactions ... if any of u need it

Attachments

• CIE AS LEVEL The Equations, Conditions, Reagents and Type of Organic Reaction.docx
    34.1 KB · Views: 29
  • REACTION PATHWAYS - ORGANIC CHEMISTRY.doc
    72 KB · Views: 17
Reaction score
Inorganic Chem is so HARD !!!!!!!
does any one of u have inorganic notes ??
and I am attaching list of organic reactions ... if any of u need it
You just need to refer your textbook. It has all fruitful notes. Everything is covered in textbook. Have you read it all?

Reaction score
You just need to refer your textbook. It has all fruitful notes. Everything is covered in textbook. Have you read it all?
yep and still it confusing .....
thanks a lot .... I check it out ...