1. Keeping my promise (the last one!), here are the winners of the XtremePapers Contest 2012-2013 announced in 2014 :D
    Please join us in congratulating them here.

Applied ICT 9713- May/June 2012 Series

Discussion in 'International A And AS Level' started by Daniel WInston, Mar 5, 2012.

1. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

Guys, does anyone taking A/AS Level exam for Applied ICT 9713 this coming series?
    If you do, we can share. If you have doubts, I might help you...
    sandy05 likes this.
  2. XPC Bot

Sponsored Listings
  3. fah3355

fah3355

glad to find you...could you advice me how should i prepare myself for my As practicals ?
    I want to be fully prepared for my practicals and make sure that i dont misout on anything and i knw it all
  4. AtemisDelta

AtemisDelta

me too
    only a few days to go....
    ive had some problems solving da past papers lately
    could sum1 pllzzzz help me wid s09/02 q 10........im so stuck up here........ n same ppr q 30 as well .r da use of resources on da net allowed for dat q....???
    n another thing can any1 detail me abt crosstab queries n da other types as well n in cross tab as to how to decide on wat shud be da row / coloumn headings.......
    plzzz ppl ill really appreciate it.......i know its a lot but plzzzz
    Daniel WInston likes this.
  5. ABDSyed

ABDSyed

PLZ
    Does Anyone Has Cie Endorsed Book Supporting File For Chapter 15 16
  6. Xenon

Xenon

Attached Files:

7. ABDSyed

ABDSyed

Thanks Alot
  8. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

Okay. Here is the thing for Fah3355. To have a maximum preparation, you need to understand the whole section of the syllabus. For practical especially, you need to master a cross tab table (pivot table), databases, spreadsheet formula and the logical expression, mail merging, creating macros, and presentation. For the meantime, since the exam is only a few days to go, you can start answering the past papers. I'm still looking for other resources beside CIE. If I do have, I'll inform you later. But so far, CIE is the best and the hardest among all GCE.
  9. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

For AtemisDelta, you have the same problem with me in the making the cross tab(pivot) table. I'll follow up when I've understand how to use it.
    Now, for ur question on QP 9713_s09_02 number 10, first u need to filter out the customers that book more than one holiday. Then for the grouping, you can make it to report first, then hide unneeded fields. Usually, if you put some automatic calculation, it will automatically goes to sum. You only need to change it to average point.

So far, that's what I can help. Please tell me if it is not clear enough or not explaining. For the rest question, I'm on progress in studying. I'll follow up if I have understand about it.
  10. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

Dear all members attached in this message, I'm having also my Applied ICT 9713 Exam by approximately 19-25 March. But my school have not decided yet. So, if you have already known the exact date of your exam, you can tell us.

Keep struggling for the best :)
  11. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

Guys, here is the exam for Applied ICT 9713 procedures. This might be useful for some of you..

Attached Files:

12. Xenon

Xenon

http://www.xtremepapers.com/communi...ost-your-doubts-here.10038/page-5#post-166210
  13. fah3355

fah3355

do the As students have mail merging and logical expressions?
  14. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

For AS students, there will be no mail merging, automation, and macros. However, logical expression(formula) on spreadsheet will still be assessed.
  15. fah3355

fah3355

yes right
  16. fah3355

fah3355

which chapters from the cie book do we have to knw abt in AICT practical exams?
  17. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

I'm not so sure because I'm not using the CIE book about AICT. I'll check first.
  18. amy malik

amy malik

hey guyz i was wondering which edition of windows we should be using for practical 03,07 or 10?i think 2003 is quite outdated but the cie endorsed textbook has references to windows 2003. waiting for ur reply
  19. Daniel WInston

Daniel WInston

Mostly, the candidates will take the exam by using microsoft office 2007. Actually, 2010 also fine. However, for office 2003, there are some section that is already outdated and can't support the exam.
  20. amy malik

amy malik

thanks a bunch
  21. Kernel95

Kernel95

And yet I will be doing the exam using MS office 2003... I'm wondering how much I can fail the exam due to the fact that not all formula work etc... And do you think that it would be me paying for a resit in case I mess up the exam due to the fact of the system not working properly?

Thanks