• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

AICT 9713, Computing 9691 Problems

Reaction score
Thanks for providing us with such an opportunity sir.
I'm a former A Level student, I have given the following subjects Mathematics(A*), Physics(A) and Chemistry(B). Since I'm not going to college until June/July, I've decided to appear for A Level AICT this May/June session. I would really appreciate if you could guide me with some good books and resources. I already have the AS and A Level Applied ICT book by Sargent and Brown which I'm using to prepare for it. Is it enough or do I need to study from other resources too?

Reaction score
I want to know which book i can use for studying A Level Computing, I tried to find the Cambridge Endorsed International AS and A Level Computing by Tony Piper and others but wasn't able to find it. Is their any other book which might be helpful.

Reaction score
Thanks for providing us with such an opportunity sir.
I'm a former A Level student, I have given the following subjects Mathematics(A*), Physics(A) and Chemistry(B). Since I'm not going to college until June/July, I've decided to appear for A Level AICT this May/June session. I would really appreciate if you could guide me with some good books and resources. I already have the AS and A Level Applied ICT book by Sargent and Brown which I'm using to prepare for it. Is it enough or do I need to study from other resources too?

The only book available in the market is the same you have. depending on only one book resource wont help you in paper. you need to get extra material specially from any student who is regular in school where teachers create material from them.

secondly if you see previous past papers you will find out examiner uses some commands other the book as well which in not in book. because the scope to the problem solving wont bound you to fewer commands .

yes for theory papers its material is enough but again examiner wont required definitions like o level student. he want you to relate it to the given scenario.

Hope things are bit clear :)

Reaction score
I want to know which book i can use for studying A Level Computing, I tried to find the Cambridge Endorsed International AS and A Level Computing by Tony Piper and others but wasn't able to find it. Is their any other book which might be helpful.

For Computing 9691 the newly released book which you are talking about is available in Lahore main market book shops . of around 4000 rs. which is quite expensive as well .

very good book explaining paper wise content , good examples and practice material . i do recommend you . my students are using it

Reaction score
Question 22 paper 2 O/N 2008

1- create a query and insert branchcode field and put a criteria >1 and <6
2-add qualification field
3-add jobcode field (beacuse this will state how many employees under one qualification)
4-add runtime calculated field
Avg-pay:[rate]*[weighting]
now group the query for that press total
5-under avg-pay field select avg
6- under jobcode select count
8- run query to see the result
9-export it to excel file
10 open excel file select only qualification , jobcode, avg pay cols and create a line chart from insert chart option
11 select blue line right click it and format data series
and change its axis to secondary axis

Choa !!!!!!

question done :)

Reaction score
For Computing 9691 the newly released book which you are talking about is available in Lahore main market book shops . of around 4000 rs. which is quite expensive as well .

very good book explaining paper wise content , good examples and practice material . i do recommend you . my students are using it
Thanks for telling.

Reaction score
Hi there,

Navid Saqib here , teaching both subjects in Different schools in Lahore from last 19 years.

if you have problem regarding it Post your questions here .......

Navid Saqib
LGS,BDC,KIMS,LLC,SISA

Assalamualaikum,

I need some help the paper 9713 w09 qp4. in question no 8(menu) and screen shots kindly guide as to how and what to show in the code. i am using access 2007.Your help would be gr8! Jazakallah khair

Reaction score
Can you please help me in the question no. 15 of the Oct/Nov 2012 AICT paper no .02?

Paper 2 Oct/Nov 2012

Question no 15

it is said that use the extract developed in step 14 which means use the query developed in step 14

follow these steps :

1- make copy of step 14 query , rename it step14-country
2-open it in design mode
3-get rid of forename and surname fields because it is not required in step 15
4-add country field and put "Spain" or "Germany" as criteria in it
3-Run the query to check the data
4-Add pay_roll id from employee table because we have to count how many sales personnel are there( for that you have already put "sp*" in id field)
save it and close it
5-now create an other new query, instead of importing tables add the saved query again. select branch name, pay_roll id so write in field name No of sales personnel: pay_roll id this will change its name or label
6- press total to group in and under pay_roll id field select count in group by option
7-save it and make report on this query by branch name as desending and pay roll id as ascending

:D work done :D

hope it answer the question

Reaction score
Zain Are you asking about Theory or Practical ?
Sir I studied your computer studies notes in O levels and they are AWESOME and they helped me score an A*. Can you please tell me that where can i get your notes of theory/practical for AICT. If they are in digital form, can you please post them here. Thanks. :)

Reaction score
is it possible 4 ppl lyk us to score an A* in A levels? plz say yes :(