• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
hi!!! i need help with October November 2009 paper 4. Instructions 4 and 5. Btw this is for CIE A2 Applied ICT. I need help! URGENT! Thank you

Reaction score
Computing questions are not long, post the questions here rather than mentioning paper..

Reaction score
4 Create a search for a customer enquiry. When run, this will display a suitable prompt for
the Region to be visited.
The search should display the results for all boats in the chosen Region
Include the Region, BoatModel, HireP/W, BoatName, and all the fields in the BoatSpecs
table.
Save this search as Cruise Enquiry

Reaction score
Please help me in Applied ICT may/june 2011 paper 2
I am trying repeatedly [and failing] to import file J11WEB after changing the data types of its fields to yes/no why is this happening someone please explain??

Reaction score
I am trying repeatedly [and failing] to import file J11WEB after changing the data types of its fields to yes/no why is this happening someone please explain??
could u plz attach d source files? it seems they aren't on xp

Reaction score
i need help in aict paper4 of may 2010
in first question.

plz help immedietly

source file available at
papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Applied%20Information%20and%20Communication%20Technology%20(9713)/9713_Paper_04_June_10.zip

Attachments

• Tasks.docx
    11.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
aict 9713 paper 4 may 2010 question 1 and question 2
please provide me step by step solution today .i need urgent help
source file available at:

papers.xtremepapers.com/CIE/Cambridge%20International%20A%20and%20AS%20Level/Applied%20Information%20and%20Communication%20Technology%20(9713)/9713_Paper_04_June_10.zip

Reaction score
to change the boolean data make sure you follow these steps
1- while importing file in import wizard goto advance choose yes no
2- when finishing importing and table is imported it will show -1 and 0 where -1 is yes and 0 is no
now open table in design mode and slect the filed in properties select format to Yes/no and -1 .0 will be changed into yes and no save it and run it you will have required data in table

Thanks

Reaction score
aict 9713 paper 4 may 2010 question 1 and question 2
please provide me step by step solution today .i need urgent help
source file available at:

* hope your femailiar with Mail Merge and Database Creation
In paper 4 examiner requires you to do these steps

Qno 1
  1. create a new database in access
  2. import student file through import wizard, set its datatype and properties as required (in paper 4 examiner expect you know and practice a lot in 2 years).
  3. after importing as table create a new query and include the given fields
    1. Student Id, Forename, Surname ,Option Module , paid
    2. under criteria of option module enter this formula ( IDTSOPT1 OR IDECOPT4 ) because both are required
    3. under paid field use Y in criteria
    4. Save query and close database
  4. open Label.rtf in Ms word
  5. now through mailing tab attach the database with this rtf file and make sure when it prompt to select query instead of table
  6. data will be available with the word.
  7. add merged field in labels
  8. preview the data
  9. and your name as it is stated in either in header or footer and send print out
Perform this question , have a class will come back with step 2 as well

Reaction score
Actually what does top-down diagram means.............

Its a modular designing technique, in which we divide the major problem in to smaller sub problem and again in smaller sub problems and try to find solution by picking the problems one by one till the least level problems are solved

once least level is solved upper levels will be solved as well

Attachments

• Solving equation of addition of 3 values Using Top Down design.docx
    22.1 KB · Views: 6
Reaction score
here you go
  1. go 2 d "External Data" tab, in d "Import" section, "Text File". 'Get External data....' window opens. u browse, blahblah. click OK
  2. 'Import...Wizard' window opens. "Next".
  3. tick the check box 4 'First row..field names'. "Next".
  4. click on every field n select d apt data type 4 dat. eg. Album_ID=Integer. wn u want a no. 2 b in decimals, while importing select Double 4 it(eg Price) . All d Prices need 2 b double, all Avails Boolean. "Next".
  5. select d radio btn: choose own primary key. "Next".
  6. "Finish". new window: "Close".
  7. nw if u want d Boolean 2 show in Yes/No 4mat wn its showing in 0/-1, go 2 d "Home" tab, in "View">"Design view".
  8. click on each avail n in d 'Field props.' at d bottom of d monitor, click on "Format", on d arrow dat appears 2 ur ryt, select Yes/No.
:)hope it ws helpful, by Allah's Will:)
if u cannot still get it, plz tell
All d best(y)

Reaction score
i need help in aict paper4 of may 2010
in first question.

plz help immedietly

source file available at

sample query based on students table use pic1

attached it with labels.rtf
use pic 2 as label source

hope it answer the question

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    18.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    20.4 KB · Views: 10
Reaction score

in paper 2 june 2011 j11web.csv

1. while importing all fields of Avail_# will be set as yes/no
  2. and price fields will be changed to currency format
  3. and for primary key let it be long integer or what ever the system select for it
  4. when imported it will show -1/0 in all avail_# fields , go to design mode of the table select field avaial_1 and in field properties change the format
  5. work is done
hope it answer the question