• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

9701 Chemistry::::::Paper 5 Any tips?

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Assalamoalaikum!!

I am having a lot of difficulty doing paper 5 of chemistry :oops: ...Any tips? And do share if you've got any solved papers! :)

Jazak Allah Khair!

Reactions: N.M
Reaction score
for you to be able to work p5 chemistry,it is necessary to be good in practical(p3) because p5 test your practical knowledge.
you may have noticed that some question that appears in p3 are modified into a p5 question.so before working a p5 , look at similar question in a p3.most of the time you get the p5 answer in the p3 of similar experiment.

Reaction score
^Precisely! Knowledge of handling all the apparatus, which one to use when, specification of each, for eg, whether it's a 250ml beaker or a 500ml one. Then planning is important too. Like the question where you have plan, give it a very systematic approach. First list what all apparatus are required, then list how you'll move forward with the experiment step-by-step. Then give a conclusion, what was the outcome, any safety precautions. I'll post one of my papers in a day or 2 :)

Reaction score
guys more suggestions plz...m taking this my xams on may june and m totally doomed with this P5!! help help

Reaction score
i guess solving all past papers of this will be quite helpful...just solve them by reading through examiner reports also

Reaction score
i don't understand Oct nove 2009 P 52 Q 1 (d)....can some one please explain it to me...i am really confused... n my teacher isn't that amazing...so please answer me ASAP!!!

Reaction score
See in rate of reaction omay june 2007 i did this ! Is it okay? How many marks will i get for this answer, i know i made a lot of mistakes but plwase make correction? I need urgent reply for this ! Paper on 10th please?

Attachments

• 20130505_212738.jpg
    20130505_212738.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 20130505_212738.jpg
    20130505_212738.jpg
    718.2 KB · Views: 129
  • 20130505_201041.jpg
    20130505_201041.jpg
    675.9 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
See in rate of reaction omay june 2007 i did this ! Is it okay? How many marks will i get for this answer, i know i made a lot of mistakes but plwase make correction? I need urgent reply for this ! Paper on 10th please?

I think the way you have done the experiment is wrong.. :/
I am posting a pic of my experiment, check it out from that..

Reaction score
here you go.
Snapshot_2013505 (18).jpg

Attachments

• Snapshot_2013505 (18).jpg
    Snapshot_2013505 (18).jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 118
Reaction score
plus, you have to mention the vol or conc of HCl you are using.. :/

Reaction score
Can you post whole written experiment as well plleaaase? :) really need it!

Reaction score
umm i dk i will read this more carefully...but i skim read it...n there is just this one slight thing that you must be careful about...that is the when you are considering the measurement with gas syringe, measuring cylinder or any other apparatus DO NOT use the word "AMOUNT", Use volume, concentration mass or etc...k :)...just wanted to let you know...the experiment i will read it n let u know soon if it id correct k :)

Reaction score
i don't understand Oct nove 2009 P 52 Q 1 (d)....can some one please explain it to me...i am really confused... n my teacher isn't that amazing...so please answer me ASAP!!!
Keep volume of acid constant e.g 20 cm^3. Moles should be less than the moles of NaOH, so adjust concentrations accordingly. My concentrations are:
HCl:2.0, H2SO4:1.0, HNO3:2.0, CH3CO2H:2.0, (CO2H)2: 1.0.
P.S:To guess concentrations you have to develop equations for the reactions of NaOH with acids.

Reaction score
umm i dk i will read this more carefully...but i skim read it...n there is just this one slight thing that you must be careful about...that is the when you are considering the measurement with gas syringe, measuring cylinder or any other apparatus DO NOT use the word "AMOUNT", Use volume, concentration mass or etc...k :)...just wanted to let you know...the experiment i will read it n let u know soon if it id correct k :)
Jazaj Allah ! :) Allah apko kamyab karay :'D and okay i will be waiting, only if you could post the experiment you would answer toh it would be of a great help? :)

Reaction score
Keep volume of acid constant e.g 20 cm^3. Moles should be less than the moles of NaOH, so adjust concentrations accordingly. My concentrations are:
HCl:2.0, H2SO4:1.0, HNO3:2.0, CH3CO2H:2.0, (CO2H)2: 1.0.
P.S:To guess concentrations you have to develop equations for the reactions of NaOH with acids.
JazakAllah Khair...thanx alooot for explaining :):)

Reaction score
Jazaj Allah ! :) Allah apko kamyab karay :'D and okay i will be waiting, only if you could post the experiment you would answer toh it would be of a great help? :)
Wayakum...inshAllah..As soon as I do it i will send it to you...Though i am not good either at writing the experiments...but whenever I write a good draft as soon as i get time i will post it here inshAllah...but i can't promise k...:):)

Reaction score
Oh no problem :) you have to study formur exams as well :D butmif u have some great chemistry paper 5 notes and tips apart from zeebujha notea, i toh canmu send them? :)

Reaction score
Oh no problem :) you have to study formur exams as well :D butmif u have some great chemistry paper 5 notes and tips apart from zeebujha notea, i toh canmu send them? :)
u have paper 5 ??...zeebujha notes?...can u please send them to me...becozz i have no notes at all..mentioned in the beginning my teacher isn't so awesome :p