• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Which subjects to choose?

Reaction score
Well the major problem I have been facing is which subjects should I choose in A levels. Almost all of my friends are also confused about this and I guessed you guys would have had an experience till now so I should take advice from you. In O levels I took Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English, Urdu, Islamiat and Pakistan studies. Now I have no interest in becoming a doctor so I want to drop Biology in A levels. I want to be an engineer or do BBA from a good university. Should I just keep Maths, Physics and Chemistry or should I take computer or another business related subject like accounting or economics if I go for bba. I know they would help me further but are they necessary for admission in good unis like Lums? And secondly is taking four subjects a lot of burden? Should I go with only three? Please guide me...

Reaction score
Well I just gave my A-Levels, and trust me even one extra subject increases the burden because you'll have different papers of different subject on the same day specially if you're giving AS and A2 together. So just pick Physics, Chemistry and Maths and you can probably get into any kind of engineering. As for BBA, I've heard from many students that you can study science subjects and still do BBA just confirm it with someone official.

Reaction score
Well I just gave my A-Levels, and trust me even one extra subject increases the burden because you'll have different papers of different subject on the same day specially if you're giving AS and A2 together. So just pick Physics, Chemistry and Maths and you can probably get into any kind of engineering. As for BBA, I've heard from many students that you can study science subjects and still do BBA just confirm it with someone official.
A friend told me they accept you into Lums on the basis of sciences subjects but he wasn't too sure himself. Anyways thanks for the help :)

Reaction score
I'm taking Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry, Physics and Thinking Skills. I know its really hard and I've started to study from these holidays so hopefully will try to get A's in all.