• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What's your secret?

Reaction score
I've been roaming around the forum and overwhelmed to see most of the members here obtain very high grades in their A-Level.

I mean, real overachievers high. :shock:

So I've been wondering, how much effort did you really put in to get such grades (A*/A)?
I'm definitely not the overachiever type since I haven't gotten an A grade since the year 2005.

Tell me the daily routines that you do, like revision? or copying notes? doing past year questions?
And how do you divide the time for social activities?
No modern day teenage-stereotyping such as facebook etc.?

I know environmental factors play it's part too to make such motivated people. Unfortunately, mine isn't the case. :no:

Reaction score
Er, lol.

Well, I got 2 As in AS chemistry and biology, and I definitely would NOT recommend using my method to get good grades.
I didn't study or pay attention in class all year - though I think this is more to do with me not being able to understand my teachers and vice versa.
And when it came to like a month or so before the exams I went a little crazy. I don't think I managed to get more than a maximum of 5/6 hours of sleep a night in April. :/
I just started studying like a maniac.
My daily studying routine would just be to read my books over and over 'til they stuck in my head and then do loads of past papers.
I really regretted starting so late, but that's how I always seem to do things. :\
And yeah, I had no social life the month before and during the exams. I've never had a Facebook and am not really into social networking sites so that was okay!
I think I study like this mostly because I have a really short-term memory and see no point in studying months before the exams.

All I can really say is that I have my brain's amazing ability to pick up and remember facts and stuff very quickly to thank for my results.
Although I was definitely expecting an A in biology, the A in chemistry blew me away - I would have been grateful for a B!

Reaction score
when i did A levels,i used xpf alot!
i got 3A's and 1A* ( A* in phy)
i think what is needed in ur case is the quality time!!
i finished my A2 before my school started it in summer vacation so got time to revise AS!
i always use fb!ofcourse no one can ever life without a social life!!
good luck with everything

Reaction score
"Er, lol.

Well, I got 2 As in AS chemistry and biology, and I definitely would NOT recommend using my method to get good grades.
I didn't study or pay attention in class all year - though I think this is more to do with me not being able to understand my teachers and vice versa.
And when it came to like a month or so before the exams I went a little crazy. I don't think I managed to get more than a maximum of 5/6 hours of sleep a night in April. :/
I just started studying like a maniac.
My daily studying routine would just be to read my books over and over 'til they stuck in my head and then do loads of past papers.
I really regretted starting so late, but that's how I always seem to do things. :\
And yeah, I had no social life the month before and during the exams. I've never had a Facebook and am not really into social networking sites so that was okay!
I think I study like this mostly because I have a really short-term memory and see no point in studying months before the exams.

All I can really say is that I have my brain's amazing ability to pick up and remember facts and stuff very quickly to thank for my results.
Although I was definitely expecting an A in biology, the A in chemistry blew me away - I would have been grateful for a B!"

I know right, totally unxpected question you see in A Level forum. :p

Well anyway, you're sure take risks! Talking about memories, I never realized which I'm classified as.
But I know one thing for sure: I procrastinate too much. I mean, there's just TOO MANY DISTRACTION INSIDE THE HOUSE.
And when it comes too library, I would always feel self-conscious studying alone. =__=''

when i did A levels,i used xpf alot!
i got 3A's and 1A* ( A* in phy)
i think what is needed in ur case is the quality time!!
i finished my A2 before my school started it in summer vacation so got time to revise AS!
i always use fb!ofcourse no one can ever life without a social life!!
good luck with everything

Best of both worlds. =p
Yeah, I believe I do - maybe just need to sit down and hit the books.
It's just so hard to be the "Reluctant Learner" type. lol.

For fb, I had to delete mine just so I have one less distraction.

Thank you for the replies. I need to think things through - especially my exams are just in about 74 days more.
It's been 15 days now since the holy month of Ramadhan started. Time flies fast. -___-

Reaction score
Do loads of past papers.After your course gets completed,start revising max 2 subjects at a time and then finish up with the pastpapers of those subjects.Then carry on the same with the remaining 2 subjects if you have 4 in total.In this way,you wont forget what you've revised.One day before the exam of the relevant paper,take out your relevant solved pastpaper booklet and revise the mistakes which you have done in the papers.So as to polsih your weak points.

Reaction score
Once, about 30 to 40 days are left before your exams, start doing pastpapers of all subjects together. You can either give one day to a whole subject or do 2 or 3 papers of each subject in a day. This keeps you from getting bored and gives you a chance to do the subject that you are actually interested in each day and results in more determination and motivation. But do complete the courses of all subjects before you start with the pastpapers.

Reaction score
People lie all the time especially on the internet, that's the true secret :D

Reaction score
MAVtKnmJ said:
u're so right!!!
ur friends will say that i havent studied anything!
but they'll be the one who has finished everything!

Reaction score
princesszahra said:
MAVtKnmJ said:
u're so right!!!

LOL! He is talking about those who lie about their grades. :p
Hiding preparatory techniques is common during and before the exams. That's not a big deal.

Reaction score
hamidali391 said:
princesszahra said:
MAVtKnmJ said:
u're so right!!!

LOL! He is talking about those who lie about their grades. :p
Hiding preparatory techniques is common during and before the exams. That's not a big deal.
I never ask abt the preparatory techniques!! but seriously i've seen this alot only here!( HOPE U GET IT!)
but it doesnt matter!! i can study on my own!