• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

What do you think about my best friend?

Reaction score
I have a friend and we know each other since 6 years. I actually never wanted to have her as my friend because i personally never liked her. I used to be a nerd and wanted to stay alone. but we became friends and she influenced me a lot. just like her ibecame careless and the HARDWORKING AMY became the worst pupil of the class. the only satisfied feeling was that my friends were also like me. but as time past she beated me and got great scores in every exam. she says that she does not study but still manages to get amazing marks now. and i m left behind. i know she is very capable because she is intelligent but now she, a LOSER like her has become hardworking too. but because of her six year influence im left behind!!! i got 55% marks and she got 72%..... another thing that another friend of her is very good in CHEMISTRY and she is pathetic at it. the another friend of her suppose X explained her everything in chemistry and u know wat ... X got 70% and my friend got 74% although X is a master at chem and my friend sucks at that sub. the teachers were also very disappointed with X.
one more thing: my friend and i appeared for 2 exams and both got an A* and A. however she was lyk how *** did u get an A*.... i never askd her that question/..... i just stared at her. and even if i get a 0.5 more than her she just cant resist and looks at my paper and compares with her. shes my best friend but these things are seriously alarming. my exams are 1 mth away and i know she will get good grades despite of her saying that she does not study. WAT DO U THINK ABT MY FRND? WAT SHUD I DO NOW?? HAS SHE PLAYED A ROLE IN DECLINING MY STATUS OF STUDIES??? P.S.: SHE DOES NOT LYK ANY TEACHER WHO FAVOURS ME!!!!
and additionally shes so clever that she makes other people thnk that she is only doing good for them. and yes she was so happy wen i got 55% and ignored me as if i had done a crime getting that 55 % :( she did tak to me but that proud feeling was there. it seems as if she wants to be the best among her friends. she once told me that her brothers are the leaders of their respective groups!!! sometimes i want to leave her but i have no one else to hang out with:( PLEASE DO ANSWER MY QUESTION I KNOW ITS LONG BUT PLEASE

Reaction score
2 simple tips:

-Find other friends better than her
-Remember this and tell her it to her also, that grades aren't the only thing in life,it is a do or die situation with grades but we all have more talent which is hidden and we need to bring that out. But at the same time, everything has a time...hence studies and everything else should be balanced.

Reaction score
AoA!
For one, I don't know why you keep calling her your 'best friend'. The experience you've had with her does not deserve that title. Unfortunately, she seems to have had a negative impact on you but you shouldn't worry because the only real determinant of your success, your performance in exams, your character is you! Forgot what your pseudo best friend says or does and please just focus on what you need to do now. 6 years have gone but you can make a difference in the days that are still left. :) You probably know now that you should've been resilient and not let others shape you negatively. Keeping that aside, work hard (as much as you can) and be nice (and honest).
P.S.: SHE DOES NOT LYK ANY TEACHER WHO FAVOURS ME!!!!
That shouldn't bother you. If teachers like you, that's great and you should feel happy about that alone. :D
I don't believe that someone as nice as you would have 'no one else to hang out with'. There are wonderful people everywhere; you just need to seek them out. So talk to more people and you'll be good soon enough.
Moreover, I think that it's important for you to not hang out with her or even if you do, not be influenced by her. That'll allow you to refocus on what is important and in the long run, she might even learn from you.
Best of luck! :)