• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

SAT2 vs A levels (US Universities)

Reaction score
How much credit do US Universities give to A levels? If someone does nt have good sat scores but have excellent A level grades, will the A level grades compensate for bad sat scores? Overall, what do US Universities think about A levels?

Reaction score
A'levels grades don't matter much to US universities as the decisions are given out much before the results are out. It's the SAT scores and your transcripts that are the real deal. So a good SAT score is essential for making it to US universities.

Reaction score
A'levels grades don't matter much to US universities as the decisions are given out much before the results are out. It's the SAT scores and your transcripts that are the real deal. So a good SAT score is essential for making it to US universities.
If someone applies after A2, will US Universities give credit for A levels? I know SAT is their first priority but does A level grades really matter in US University admissions(if I apply after A2)?

Reaction score
If someone applies after A2, will US Universities give credit for A levels? I know SAT is their first priority but does A level grades really matter in US University admissions(if I apply after A2)?

Obviously, they do give credit. But the SAT scores and personal essays are the primary judging criteria for US universities.

Reaction score
How much credit do US Universities give to A levels? If someone does nt have good sat scores but have excellent A level grades, will the A level grades compensate for bad sat scores? Overall, what do US Universities think about A levels?
The syllabus is almost exactly the same. Once you prepare for one, you've automatically prepared for another. I'm giving both Maths, Physics and Chemistry A Levels and SAT-2 Subject Tests. The only difference I've seen is that SAT-2 Physics includes a very brief chapter on Special Relativity, this isn't included in A Levels. Do both, seriously.

Reaction score
i have 2100 in sat 1 and 9As in 0 level and 3 Cs in A level :/ .. do i stand a chance for any scholarship?

Reaction score
i have 2100 in sat 1 and 9As in 0 level and 3 Cs in A level :/ .. do i stand a chance for any scholarship?
US universities give aid based on your need. If admitted, they usually award you with a financial aid package. So your grades don't affect your chances of scholarship but they do affect your chances of getting admitted.

Reaction score
US universities give aid based on your need. If admitted, they usually award you with a financial aid package. So your grades don't affect your chances of scholarship but they do affect your chances of getting admitted.
so u recommend me for the admission in uk with these grades and 2110 in sat 1?

Reaction score
so u recommend me for the admission in uk with these grades and 2110 in sat 1?
UK universities don't require SAT1 scores. The universities there need you to have certain grades in A'levels. And I doubt that 3 Cs will get you into any reputable university. You should check out the universities in Canada, Sweden, Malaysia, Australia and the Gulf states. Contact your school education counsellor or a private one. Try to figure out what you want to do and then get further information about different universities in the world accordingly.

Reaction score

Your sat scores are very good. So with this score you have a decent chance of getting into a good US University since they treat A levels as an extra unwanted qualification. However, with such A level grades I doubt that you will get into any UK University with scholarship! So if I was you, I would have opted US as my study destination.