• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Pysics Paper 31 (Discussion only)

Reaction score
how many of u got the graph right ? i wasted time on it. I drew the best fit line but still didnt get the gradient what they were asking for :(

Reaction score
ssms396 said:
I must say....this paper was the worst paper ive ever done...
i started crying in the middle of the paper....when they announced that we hav 30min left and i was still on question 5.
but alhamdulillah i got to attempt all questions....didn't leave any (i think)...ther was NO time to revise or to think....
i did the best i could....i leave the rest to God.
I pray tht all of us get a good score

Ok.

there was this question about the tsunami shock wave and stuff....they were asking for the warning time...
wut did we have to over there? how to get the answer?

and about y the radioactive substance is considered constant?

and there was this question that the current in the circuit (or heater) after sometime after the circuit is switched on...
y did the current change?

I wrote 240 seconds. A LOT of us wrtoe 240 seconds. But I'm absolutely sure its wrong, since it was for four marks, and a 240 seconds warning? Are you f**cking kidding me?

Reaction score
this is random but i am living in the U.A.E and i take variant 2
just wondering which countries take variant 1 cause they seem to be very hard this year
:eek:

Reaction score
Ashique said:
ssms396 said:
i started crying in the middle of the paper....when they announced that we hav 30min left and i was still on question 5.
but alhamdulillah i got to attempt all questions....didn't leave any (i think)...ther was NO time to revise or to think....

Ok.

there was this question about the tsunami shock wave and stuff....they were asking for the warning time...

and there was this question that the current in the circuit (or heater) after sometime after the circuit is switched on...

I wrote 240 seconds. A LOT of us wrtoe 240 seconds. But I'm absolutely sure its wrong, since it was for four marks, and a 240 seconds warning? Are you f**cking kidding me?

I guess 240 is correct as most of the things were from supplement syllabus while 25% is suppose to be from the core, so they just want to compensate that 25%. Secondly it make sense as it is only the warnin time it should be not more 240, though I ma confused. Screw them :evil:

Reaction score
Ashique said:
ssms396 said:

Ok.

Reaction score
THEBLOO said:
this is random but i am living in the U.A.E and i take variant 2
just wondering which countries take variant 1 cause they seem to be very hard this year
:eek:
i live in jordan and unfortunately i take variant 1 :( :cry: :cry:

Reaction score
Ashique said:
ssms396 said:

Ok.

i wrote 240s as well....yea i think ur right....that cant b the answer...FOUR marks for that....but i HOPE its correct!

Reaction score
ssms396 said:
Ashique said:
ssms396 said:

Ok.

i wrote 240s as well....yea i think ur right....that cant b the answer...FOUR marks for that....but i HOPE its correct!

I also wrote 240s , it should be correct..I don't see any fact that it is wrong :/ .. why worried about that one ?
Speed of sound = distance / time , simple.

And regarding graph question ... I swear I got it hard , I skipped gradient , just drew best fit line and those points , and when I completed last page I returned back , it was 2 minutes left I think :D I tried with only two points that are lying on gradient line , 14 and 10 and divided by 2.something and 1.something and I get 5.71... There was a guy who was sitting on my left side , he completed paper 15 minutes before end :%) .. I was looking at him after exam like wtf , what intelligence he has , or he just skipped questions and was waiting for end ? xD

Reaction score
DowntownCrew said:
ssms396 said:
Ashique said:
ssms396 said:

Ok.

I also wrote 240s , it should be correct..I don't see any fact that it is wrong :/ .. why worried about that one ?
Speed of sound = distance / time , simple.

And regarding graph question ... I swear I got it hard , I skipped gradient , just drew best fit line and those points , and when I completed last page I returned back , it was 2 minutes left I think :D I tried with only two points that are lying on gradient line , 14 and 10 and divided by 2.something and 1.something and I get 5.71... There was a guy who was sitting on my left side , he completed paper 15 minutes before end :%) .. I was looking at him after exam like wtf , what intelligence he has , or he just skipped questions and was waiting for end ? xD

I wrote 2260 or something along those lines. The warning time was the time between when the tremor was felt and when the tsunami would arrive at the beach, so you had to use info from the part (i) before.

Sorry guys.

Overall, the paper actually went nicely for me. I agree completely, I have no idea what CIE are doing this year, most exams have been formatted completely different.. I think the best advice that I had from all of this was see the exam with an open mind..

I think the worst thing of all was that I studied for like 5hours before my exam, and got myself all nervous. And then nothing in the days I had been preparing came up xD..

Best of luck with the rest of your exams people, chin up, and stay positive :p

(Going to do a load of multiple choices then play LA Noire :p)