• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics Paper 6 help needed :(

Reaction score
lavanyamane said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0625%20-%20Physics/0625_w08_qp_6.pdf
And in Q.2(a) here, do we draw the diagram with one end of the voltmeter and one end of the resistor not connected? We draw an incomplete circuit?

It's not an incomplete circuit , just some parts aren't connected. As you can see by the reading on the dead voltmeter it's 0 and the reading on the ammeter is high. But there's current in the circuit.

Reaction score
unplugged said:
lavanyamane said:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/CIE/Cambridge%20IGCSE/0625%20-%20Physics/0625_w08_qp_6.pdf
And in Q.2(a) here, do we draw the diagram with one end of the voltmeter and one end of the resistor not connected? We draw an incomplete circuit?

It's not an incomplete circuit , just some parts aren't connected. As you can see by the reading on the dead voltmeter it's 0 and the reading on the ammeter is high. But there's current in the circuit.

So, I draw the circuit with some bits left disconnected, right? Or do I complete it and connect the resistor and voltmeter completely?

Reaction score
PLEASE GUYS ANY ONE HELP ME WITH WHY SCALE IS NOT MATCHING WITH MARKING SCHEME. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENT BETWEEN CIE SCALE AND OUR SCALE PLEASE

Reaction score
It's alright, that's a problem with everyone. It's because we don't use the original paper, we photocopy/ print and the page orientation is a little different. So the scale doesn't match. It'll be perfect during the exam, don't worry. And good luck! :)

Reaction score
Hey really sorry lavanyamane, I wasn't here, so couldn't really help you, if you have any other question feel free to ask me! :)

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what precaution you should take if you see that the voltmeter isn't giving a steady reading?

Thanks

Reaction score
Disconnect them (from the circuit) and check if the pointer is pointing at the zero mark on the scale. If they aren't, a zero-error is present. You will gain mark for this.
If they ask the precaution while taking a reading from Voltmeter or Ammeter then:
Check for zero-error, tap them before taking the reading, avoid parallax-error

Reaction score
If it is 1aiii then its as follows:
draw to rectangles on the sides, then draw the test tube horizontally.

Reaction score
basimnazir said:
Hey really sorry lavanyamane, I wasn't here, so couldn't really help you, if you have any other question feel free to ask me! :)

It's alright! Thank you for the help.. The paper was really easy. I am unsure about one answer, but I'll have to ask that 24 hours later :)
English tomorrow.. Quite excited!

Reaction score
Me too me too! ^_^
Anyway, so the ray box right, what was the disadvantage? Refracted ray may spread out/ room might not be dark enough. Is that okay?

Reaction score
no no, first tell me what was your variant? min was variant 1 what about yours?

Reaction score
The question asked us to state one disadvantage of using a ray box to trace the refraction of a light ray through a glass block and one disadvantage of using the opyic pins method. So, for the ray box, what do you think would be the disadvantage?

Reaction score
The ray of light will be blocked by the hand, and it won't be diffracted. (were there any diagrams?)

Reaction score
No, no diagrams. And thank you :)
I have started another topic called "Biology - some doubts in the curriculum". Please see if you can help :)

Reaction score
Then hopefully this is the right answer! :)
Well I solved those, anything else ma'am? :p

Reaction score
Thank you so much :') You have helped me a lot. Reduced the anxiety INCREDIBLY. Thank you thank you thaaaaaank you!