• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics P1 questions! HELP!

Reaction score
you might be confused by the part 'in the order' , i believe it means~ like suppose the wavelength is 5.6 x10^8 that means it is on the order of 10^8. Correct me if im wrong

Reaction score
For q 24 - the wavelength of light is 1000 nm so then 1 divided by 10^-8 u will get 10^8
for the other question the wavelength is 15mm into two that is 30mm

Reaction score
(24) wavelength of v.s. light is 7.5x10^-7 m.... so they r asking how many wavelengths in 1 metre.. so 1 divided by 7.5x10^-7 m equals 1.3x10^6... so the order is 10^6!!

(27) distance between any two minima or between any two maxima is always half a wavelength... so here wavelength equals 15x2=30 mm

Reaction score
THanks for the replies, but I still don't get what the light qs means! I thought the range of of wavelengths for visible light is from 400nm to 700nm. what do they mean by "in one metre" ?

Reaction score
Anyone else think physics paper 1 is much more difficult, in general, than a multiple choice paper should be? I mean, I got an A in IGCSE physics, and in the whole of AS Physics, paper 1 is the one which i get Es or Ds in. Rare Cs and Bs here and there. But my paper 3 and paper 2s are almost always As or Bs. Anyone else feel this way?

Reaction score
yeah, I feel the same! It's definitely the lack of time with paper 1, but I guess you gotta get used to putting down the answer, and resisting the urge to double check it! :%)