• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics, Chemistry and Biology: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
ionic_2.gif

sorry i couldnt find another diagram but this one shows lithium(left) and chlorine(right)
instead of this, draw an oxygen atom and two lithium atoms
one electron from each lithium atom will go to the oxygen atom, making it an octat
and don't forget to draw those charges on top.
since lithium loses electrons, it becomes positive and since oxygen gains electrons, it becomes negative
um you got it?

Reaction score
sorry i couldnt find another diagram but this one shows lithium(left) and chlorine(right)
instead of this, draw an oxygen atom and two lithium atoms
one electron from each lithium atom will go to the oxygen atom, making it an octat
and don't forget to draw those charges on top.
since lithium loses electrons, it becomes positive and since oxygen gains electrons, it becomes negative
um you got it?

Yep, thanks bro!

Reaction score
Can someone help in Question Number 9, Summer 2009 in Chemistry paper 3.
And also why Temperature supports the backward reaction like in the graph Q6 (b)
As you see for question no 6 .....
They have sed that the forward reaction is exothermic ....... Which mns less temp is needed fr the formation of Ammonia ......
And so just imagine wat happens when the temp increases..... The vice versa takes place ...which is ..whn the temp is high ...... Less yield of NH3 is formed :D hope u gt it .....

Reaction score
Hi, you all, i am searching topical past papers for chemistry p4 for chemistry of life, applications of analytical chemistry and design and materials, does anyone have a link?