• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Physics 42.... How'd it go?????

Reaction score
It could've been worse... I'm not being ungrateful. Other than some parts, the paper was really easy, and I hope the same goes or better goes for you too!
i no the paper wasnt that difficult...wen iam thinking of the answers now i feel like i cud get around 85 to 90...if i wouldnt mixup everything due to nerviousness...coz i was prepared reallly well for the exam...

Reaction score
I felt paper was easy but certain areas were difficult. I believe i will ahve around in 80s InshAllah and i believe gt to be around 58-60

Reaction score
i remeber nov 07 was around 49
that was when the pattern of the paper was totally changed...like they includid section B at that time onwords...so students were not much famaliar wit those types of Questions...but now dats not the case...

Reaction score
i was so messed up that i couldnt do the 1st que at the beginning... therefore started application part B4.... after contrling my nerves... strted with the ques .... i could manage the time bt few que realli made m more nervous...... whtevr... Thanks to Allah .. that at least i wrote all the answer... whether its correct or wrong donnno bt Hoping fr the best..... :) I wish the threshold will b low.....

May Allah Bless us...... Ameen

Reaction score
guys i am gtng about 45 marks in paper 4 and giving excel, where do i stand right now and how much do i need to save my behind ???

Reaction score
the paper was really easy bt i was so much nervous that i spoiled my marks i even know the method bt at that time i mixed up every concept may ALLAH grant all of us with A

Reaction score
IF i have an "A" in my P1 and P2 & "C" in P3 and "B" in p4 can I get an A overall? :p
depends on how you do p5, and the on fact that your A in the first two wasn't really on the edge of the A-B boundary.
there IS A a possibility. but you have to ace p5 , and also, you can never be certain about p4.. (i'm assuming here that you gave AS pehle )

Reaction score
also, about the gt. I say it would be around 62 and not 58 because recent papers main gt is a lil high, always around 60-62 and today's was comparatively easier than most

Reaction score
Ok so Physics 42,
1) was the displacement in the shm question 2cm?
2) In the x ray attenuation question in Section B, what were the 2 answers, if you guys are unable to remember it,( which is most likely the case) could you atleast tell me the method? as in was it 1/e-attenuation coeffecient*length , and was the second answer( where the ray passed through bone as well) a much larger number than the first one?
3) Output of OPamp in section B, did we have to draw another wave, which is out of phase by 180 degrees from the input voltage wave, and with an amplitude of 5V?( because Vin was connected to the inverting input)
4) aaand the melting of ice at 0degrees? what was the explanation for that?
5) Lastly, the magnet question, what was the direction of the magnetic force? and why? also what happens to the force when an RMS current is present in the wire?