• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

My incomplete novel

Reaction score
Well, your choice at the end of the day, i havent seen any new story teaw days, where have you disappeared to?

Reaction score
Hello Rutzaba,

I came across this post just now, and I am sure I've come around pretty late. But for the sake of your novel, I'd want to answer the questions you posed.

Question 1) Name of the character : Bellarmine Dimitri
Opinion ) I chose and highly recommend this name because the name Bellarmine means 'the boy with the beautiful armour' in Italian. This goes perfectly with the theme and setting of your novel. The last name, Dimitri, honestly I just like this name for some unknown reason, and it goes well with Bellarmine.

Question 2) Do the places need to be exact? Well, not necessarily. But real and recognized locations are highly recommendable.
Opinion. ) My stance behind this reply is very simple. When we are writing fiction, we can quote fairyland and all. Without being questioned regarding our motives. However, when we're working on some entirely different and 'serious' plots, the useage of recognized places is more suited. As this helps create a more vivid picture in the readers mind, regarding the situation that of which the author is trying to convey/illustrate.

Question 3) Can a war take place today? Conditionally, yes.
Opinion. ) It is true that the chances of a war in the current age are quite unlikely. As the 'wars' today consist of not ammunition and physical strength but technology, power of speech and modernization etc. But when we talk about novels, anything and everything IS possible, considering the author has the ability to effectively and efficiently portray the situation in words.

Question 4) UN and America's interference in the affairs a must? Factually speaking, yes.
Opinion. ) As I mentioned, looking out at the facts and stats, the powers in question do possess the tendency to intervene in the affairs of the world. But when talking in terms of a novel, the only god is the author. So he is the only one who has the ability to do and not do. So, upto you. At the end, it shouldn't seem too superficial. Make it seem real.

Question 5) Nato's influence : I'm sorry I'm not sure of NATO's whereabouts, so I don't wanna say anything misleading.

Question 6) The setting and the intervention of other states : It is quite likely.
Opinion. ) Countries have the tendency to speak in the matters of other states. To me, it's impossible for all other places to remain silent when two countries are quarreling, especially physically. But that too, is in your hands. If you believe that keeping your focus to the two groups is in best interest of your story, go ahead.

Question 7) Revolution : That really depends on your setting. If you're speaking in terms of the current century, then the revolution can be in form of such that Egypt has witnessed. Likewise, if you're thinking of old times, then the revolution may be one consisting of local farmers fighting against a feudal lord. Hence, all depends on the timing and setting of your novel.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :) x

Reaction score
Hello Rutzaba,

I came across this post just now, and I am sure I've come around pretty late. But for the sake of your novel, I'd want to answer the questions you posed.

Question 1) Name of the character : Bellarmine Dimitri
Opinion ) I chose and highly recommend this name because the name Bellarmine means 'the boy with the beautiful armour' in Italian. This goes perfectly with the theme and setting of your novel. The last name, Dimitri, honestly I just like this name for some unknown reason, and it goes well with Bellarmine.

Question 2) Do the places need to be exact? Well, not necessarily. But real and recognized locations are highly recommendable.
Opinion. ) My stance behind this reply is very simple. When we are writing fiction, we can quote fairyland and all. Without being questioned regarding our motives. However, when we're working on some entirely different and 'serious' plots, the useage of recognized places is more suited. As this helps create a more vivid picture in the readers mind, regarding the situation that of which the author is trying to convey/illustrate.

Question 3) Can a war take place today? Conditionally, yes.
Opinion. ) It is true that the chances of a war in the current age are quite unlikely. As the 'wars' today consist of not ammunition and physical strength but technology, power of speech and modernization etc. But when we talk about novels, anything and everything IS possible, considering the author has the ability to effectively and efficiently portray the situation in words.

Question 4) UN and America's interference in the affairs a must? Factually speaking, yes.
Opinion. ) As I mentioned, looking out at the facts and stats, the powers in question do possess the tendency to intervene in the affairs of the world. But when talking in terms of a novel, the only god is the author. So he is the only one who has the ability to do and not do. So, upto you. At the end, it shouldn't seem too superficial. Make it seem real.

Question 5) Nato's influence : I'm sorry I'm not sure of NATO's whereabouts, so I don't wanna say anything misleading.

Question 6) The setting and the intervention of other states : It is quite likely.
Opinion. ) Countries have the tendency to speak in the matters of other states. To me, it's impossible for all other places to remain silent when two countries are quarreling, especially physically. But that too, is in your hands. If you believe that keeping your focus to the two groups is in best interest of your story, go ahead.

Question 7) Revolution : That really depends on your setting. If you're speaking in terms of the current century, then the revolution can be in form of such that Egypt has witnessed. Likewise, if you're thinking of old times, then the revolution may be one consisting of local farmers fighting against a feudal lord. Hence, all depends on the timing and setting of your novel.

I hope this helps. Good luck! :) x
thankyou so much sweetheart... this is very intresting point of view. no ur not late i will be lucky to write the novel with in this at all. :p thnks fr giving this so much thought :D

Reaction score
You're most welcome. I wish you the very best for your writings, hope they turn out to be fabulous!<3
Good luck, always! :) x