• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Mechanics 9709 P42 (GT)

Expected GT

• Total voters
Reaction score
Paper was Fine, but lengthy. Starting question were easy but the last two question were tough, wasted a lot of time on them.

Reaction score
Can anyone just tell me while integrating twice was there any value of constant?
And acceleration of P?

Reaction score
The first 6 questions were piece of cake lol i didnt knew there was Q7 when only 8 or 7 min were left is started rechecking and then i found out there was a another question :D but i was able to do the first 2 part with ease

How did u prove meu?

I took tension AJ as driving force and Tension RJ+Weight+Friction as resistive force but still my Meu wasn't right.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I messed up last question big time :/ Don't think I'm getting any of those 12 marks. Hopefully everything else is right.
If thresholds are okay, do you think A* is still possible? I got a 91 in my AS last June, and I really really wanted an A* in Math.

Please let me know. I'm trying to stay motivated, because I want to give it my best, but I'm very disappointed.
I hope everyone else's paper went well. Let's pray we all come out with flying colours.

Reaction score
Hey guys, I messed up last question big time :/ Don't think I'm getting any of those 12 marks. Hopefully everything else is right.
If thresholds are okay, do you think A* is still possible? I got a 91 in my AS last June, and I really really wanted an A* in Math.

Please let me know. I'm trying to stay motivated, because I want to give it my best, but I'm very disappointed.
I hope everyone else's paper went well. Let's pray we all come out with flying colours.
God with you brother ;)
Cheer up because you actually can acheive A* :D

Reaction score

It's still possible but you need to do really well in P3 if you had 91/125 in AS.

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I love the people on Community - everyone is so cheerful & motivating. :)

I had 91 percentile in AS. I don't know my marks - the school didn't tell me. :( Is A* possible?
Wow that's much better you have fantastic marks just do well in P3 and the A* is yours.