• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths IGCSE May/June 2012 Papers 22 and 42 marked

Reaction score
sure, they were a cake walk. But what do you think in relation to may june 2011 was our paper easier or harder ?
Well If we compare our paper with June 11 its directly the opposite there paper 2 was easier compared to ours but our paper 4 was easier than theres but we had a slight change of format and whenever a change in format happens they kind of decrease the Gt of the paper :p

Reaction score
3% from an A star but A is still great!!! btw one of the question answers is wrong. the one talking about X as an angle answer is not 89 its 64, if u look at the calculations you can see they are wrong ( takes away 110 instead of 10)

Reaction score
DAMN =.=" :cry: reading the posts on this thread tells me im screwed as well...
People i dont think that change in FORMAT is anything big to CIE examiners :/

Reaction score
Welcome ;) And you dont need to worry Cause 100% sure 185/200 is an A* Actually anything Above 170 is probably an A* :D
Last year in october it was 188
I probably got 185 as well but I'm not sure if that makes an A* :/

Reaction score
guys on paper 4 question 9
i found the correct area but forgot to shade it, i just wrote R inside the area . do u think im gonna loose any mark ?

Reaction score
guys on paper 4 question 9
i found the correct area but forgot to shade it, i just wrote R inside the area . do u think im gonna loose any mark ?
I wouldn't deduct marks if I was the examiner because you clearly showed you found the area but they might deduct a mark for not following the instructions

Reaction score
Alhamdullah..i think i did good..hopefully examiners check in the same way i did!:p

Reaction score
guys for the gradient of the graph of x/2 + 2/x i got a wierd answer (-1 :p).. i did the right working out though.. how many marks do you think ill get out of 3?? :O

Reaction score
will i get a mark, if in paper 4 instead of saying, that triangles are congruent, i said, that they are equal in size?

Reaction score
Here are the papers 22 and 42 marked

For paper 2 question 5 was actually 64,000

For paper 4 question 6 with the quadrilateral was actually 64

I think that the distance travalled by the boat is 15 km not 7.5
We have to calculate the area but your teacher didnt take into
Account that it is not right angled therefore they have to be calculated
Indepedently

Reaction score
I think that the distance travalled by the boat is 15 km not 7.5
We have to calculate the area but your teacher didnt take into
Account that it is not right angled therefore they have to be calculated