• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
The Gradient of the curve is different at every point so what is require here is the x coordinate or the y coordinate and the Eq of the curve
So the methoda calculating the gradient is

1)
substitute the value of x into the derivative of the curve (y prime) that will be ur gradient for the specific point on the curve

2)
find the value of x by substituting the value of y into the eq of the curve and then solve the quadratic eq u will get 2 values in here and u will decide which value will it be according to the situation

Reaction score
any way of doing number pattern questions except calculating them all????

Reaction score
any way of doing number pattern questions except calculating them all????

Try finding out the difference between the sequence and then if there is a common sequence then u can figure it out easily !
For common difference sequence of nos. go one term back from the first term given and then make the equation !
for eg,
1 3 5 7 9 11 13 .....
For the equation do this !
first see the difference its 2 between each term {n} so now u go one term back from 1 by minusing 2 from the first term !
1-2=-1
now we make the equation :
2n - 1

Also there is one other sequence in which each term has a different difference between each term !
For that u use a quadratic equation to help out !

Reaction score
Should Stats be given as a private subject ? Would it be helpful in years later ?

Reaction score
yEAH IF UR school isnt offering it and u want to give it then go ahead as it results in an extra A* but u have to see how good u are in maths and particularly stats !
i dont know abt future but i think it helps in A Levels !

Reaction score
Just wanted to know if statistics is a weak subject to take in general.Can it help with medicine?

Reaction score
I dont think the diagram is up to the standards doesnt FEB in it look like 90 !

Reaction score
come on buddy u have to prove how to get 90 in FEB u just cant look and find it out come on u gotta prove it... and i cant draw any better