• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Maths, Addmaths and Statistics: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
for question 14 b. you should know that when we take HCF we take the minimum power of common numbers and for LCM we take the maximum power of common number with other numbers. in this case in LCM the max power of 2 is 3 so p=3 and you can see that in HCF the power of 5 is 2 so q must be 2 as it is the least power. and for 7 its easy in the LCM it has a power of 1 means the max so r=1 . this is the way i do such questions i hope i have made a good effort :)

Reaction score
for question 14 b. you should know that when we take HCF we take the minimum power of common numbers and for LCM we take the maximum power of common number with other numbers. in this case in LCM the max power of 2 is 3 so p=3 and you can see that in HCF the power of 5 is 2 so q must be 2 as it is the least power. and for 7 its easy in the LCM it has a power of 1 means the max so r=1 . this is the way i do such questions i hope i have made a good effort :)
jazakallah!