• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

mathematics syllybus D p1 discussion

Reaction score
i used quadratic method

i did it correct till=-(-6)+-underroot(-6)2-4(1)(-3)/2(1)
=6+-underroot36+12/2 so will i get any marks[/quote]

areela i guess ur answer might be correct cox if we divide both by 2, the answer would change as 3+-underroot would get 7.89 and -1.89 while those who did not simplified would get 6.46 and -0.93

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm this?

he is correct, they said she is being paid for every hour, so until she finishes her hour she won't be getting the wage... so 7.60x8 is correct ans.

Don't plan to spoil everyone's hopes, but just so you know, the wage of $7.60 was for each HOUR worked. The girl wasn't going to get paid for the quarter hour she worked after 8 hours. Simply, the wage was 7.60×8=$60.8.
I've done questions like these multiple times and the examiner has always stressed to take whole numbers if the pay is on an hourly basis.

Reaction score
Awsome ! :p ok if my speed value is wrong but formula is right plus what if i make a graph of speed valve i found even if the graph is write will i get marks for farmula and graph?

You'd get 2/3 for e.c.f I think.

Reaction score
does anyone know a past paper question about hourly wages??? i want to confirm from mark scheme whether decimal hours are counted

Reaction score
Practice papers, do graphs, statistics, vectors, circle theorems, mensuration and trigonometry.

i guess i have only 25 mins left and gotta sleep ! how can i do this but trignometry is the best its the easiest and the circle proterties are also easy but vectors and mensuration :mad:

Reaction score
there is a system of fixed wages in foreign countries! they provide wages for certain time. if u exceed the time for 10 15 30 or even 50 mins, they calculate the total amount of all the time u worked. Not saying by my own, my father used to work in foreign country and told me this so i think 8.25 wala is correct

yeah it shud be, i mean we r not supposed to be taught things like that

Reaction score
i guess i have only 25 mins left and gotta sleep ! how can i do this but trignometry is the best its the easiest and the circle proterties are also easy but vectors and mensuration :mad:

Just do vectors, mensuration comes mostly in section B.