• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

LUMS fall 2014 decisions!

Reaction score
The thing is you start to think BBC should be a piece of cake. It isn't . Biggest mistake of my career to think that scoring good in O'levels means we'll score good in A'levels too.
yeah, you are righ BBC isn't piece of cake, i saw many cases like this who felt BBC is easy btw CIE is too harsh on it :p

I am also a gap year student, applied last year but got ******* rej letter :/
gotta call on 10th April for documents, and then got another call on 17th but no update after that
Any idea, kia scene ha? kab tak ay ga FA ka letters? Last year to 22nd April ko start ho gae thaw,l don't knew who so lethargic this time

Reaction score
hey can anybody tell me will uni in pak will consider my subject combination for Bsc in Computer science
Applied ict
physics
maths
REPLY ASAP

Reaction score
yeah, you are righ BBC isn't piece of cake, i saw many cases like this who felt BBC is easy btw CIE is too harsh on it :p

I am also a gap year student, applied last year but got ******* rej letter :/
gotta call on 10th April for documents, and then got another call on 17th but no update after that
Any idea, kia scene ha? kab tak ay ga FA ka letters? Last year to 22nd April ko start ho gae thaw,l don't knew who so lethargic this time
If you got a call, means you have quite a good chance. No idea whatever they're upto this year.

Reaction score
I dont think Private engineering colleges follow the same route. Except for Lums that is.. It is very annoying.
Yes sure it is. Let's just focus on other important things going around, like boards, CIEs etc. Or else get involved in some internship programs in the meantime.

Reaction score
I just hope i get in man, Its like a last resort thing. And any idea even if we leave like 16-18 ques in lcat we can still make it. today is like 2nd May and yet no response from them, my friend who is a senior told me it will come around second week of May! FINGERS CROSSSSSED -.-

Reaction score
I doubt that cause ppl tend to boast i guess, but if thats true than everyone shud get in.. :/

You guys don't understand. It's not all about your test and grades. Essays and extra curricular's are important too. Maybe this girl had a bad lcat but the rest of her application was good. I've talked to LUMS students who say that you can get in on the basis of your extra curriculars. So it's not such a big deal if your test wasn't amazing. I know a person who got in with no A's in O level because she had amazing extra curriculars.

Reaction score
So guys I have 2 A*s (Maths, Physics) and 4 As (Add. Maths, English, Biology, Chemistry) in the O Levels. In the A-Levels I got an A* in Physics along with the Cambridge Outstanding Learner's Award for getting the highest marks in the Lahore region, an A in Mathematics and an (embarassing) C in Chemistry. I live outside Pakistan so I applied using my SAT Subject Test scores. I got 2330 out of 2400 in the SAT Subject Tests with full marks in Math Level 2 and Physics. However, I still haven't received my admission decision even though a few friends of mine have gotten accepted. I applied to SSE. What do you think my chances are? I'm worried. :(

Reaction score
You guys don't understand. It's not all about your test and grades. Essays and extra curricular's are important too. Maybe this girl had a bad lcat but the rest of her application was good. I've talked to LUMS students who say that you can get in on the basis of your extra curriculars. So it's not such a big deal if your test wasn't amazing. I know a person who got in with no A's in O level because she had amazing extra curriculars.
That might be a problem. :( . I am home-schooled so I don't really have any good extra-curriculars. Here's what I listed in my application, do you think this is adequate for LUMS?

1. Learnt the Python Programming Language in 9th grade (2009-2010). Utilized the Pygame library to create several 2D arcade, platformer and rpg games. Utilized the PyGTK to create several GUI applicationsand GUI based games such as Hangman.
2. Stood 3rd in a debate competition held in the school Jinnah Highs, in Multan, Pakistan in November 2013.
3. Learnt the C Programming Language in 10th grade (between 2010-2011). Utilized GTK+, the Windows API, SDL and other libraries to create a range of games and applications. Created games for the Nintendo Gameboy Advance using a crosscompiler and the Visual HAM SDK.
4. Learnt the Java Programming Language in 10th grade (2010-2011). Created several applets, games and applications. Learnt Java2D and Swing.
5. Learnt the C++ Programming Language between 2011 and 2012. Created an object oriented abstraction of the Windows API called NexusWin. Learnt SFML, WxWidgets, the STL and FLTK. Created several games and applications. Created a simple parser/interpreter for a self-invented programming language called the Hack programming language.
6. Served as President of the Science Club between 2012-2013 in a private school called Omer bin AlKhattab International School, in the town of Al-Buraimi, in the Sultanate of Oman.
7. Created and maintained a scientific and educational blog titled Intermediate Hacking for two years. Wrote several educational and informative articles.
8. Contributed an article to the Express Tribune titled: Pakistan`s official website is an embarassment!.

Reaction score
That might be a problem. :( . I am home-schooled so I don't really have any good extra-curriculars. Here's what I listed in my application, do you think this is adequate for LUMS?

1. Learnt the Python Programming Language in 9th grade (2009-2010). Utilized the Pygame library to create several 2D arcade, platformer and rpg games. Utilized the PyGTK to create several GUI applicationsand GUI based games such as Hangman.
2. Stood 3rd in a debate competition held in the school Jinnah Highs, in Multan, Pakistan in November 2013.
3. Learnt the C Programming Language in 10th grade (between 2010-2011). Utilized GTK+, the Windows API, SDL and other libraries to create a range of games and applications. Created games for the Nintendo Gameboy Advance using a crosscompiler and the Visual HAM SDK.
4. Learnt the Java Programming Language in 10th grade (2010-2011). Created several applets, games and applications. Learnt Java2D and Swing.
5. Learnt the C++ Programming Language between 2011 and 2012. Created an object oriented abstraction of the Windows API called NexusWin. Learnt SFML, WxWidgets, the STL and FLTK. Created several games and applications. Created a simple parser/interpreter for a self-invented programming language called the Hack programming language.
6. Served as President of the Science Club between 2012-2013 in a private school called Omer bin AlKhattab International School, in the town of Al-Buraimi, in the Sultanate of Oman.
7. Created and maintained a scientific and educational blog titled Intermediate Hacking for two years. Wrote several educational and informative articles.
8. Contributed an article to the Express Tribune titled: Pakistan`s official website is an embarassment!.
Last year most international applicants got admitted at he start of june . So its no use getting worried about it now

Reaction score
Thank you. That's a relief. :)
I went to Lahore in June and spent an hour at the LUMS information desk for a friend :p this is what they said in short

2nd week of april :Non Finaid applicant

last week of april: Non finaid applicants and fin aid rejected applicants

8 - 12 MAY : Fin aid applicants and non fin aid applicants

then the process contnues till start of June

start of June : Last round of admissions and foreign applicants

then comes the DREADED: REJECTION and waiting list this goes on till IDK when

Luckily my friend got in in first round (Y)

Reaction score
I went to Lahore in June and spent an hour at the LUMS information desk for a friend :p this is what they said in short

2nd week of april :Non Finaid applicant

last week of april: Non finaid applicants and fin aid rejected applicants

8 - 12 MAY : Fin aid applicants and non fin aid applicants

then the process contnues till start of June

start of June : Last round of admissions and foreign applicants

then comes the DREADED: REJECTION and waiting list this goes on till IDK when

Luckily my friend got in in first round (Y)
you said start of june for foreign applicants.
While "interhacker" -who apparently lives in Oman, which of course makes him a foreign applicant- says few of his friends have gotten accepted; and clearly it isn't the start of june yet.
So......

And, you went to Lahore in June?? you mean last year?

Last edited: