• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

lums admission started

Reaction score
guys since the LUMS registration for the admsion for june 2013 has started..i want to know who is applying into it.Can the LUMINITE s help me in what I should write the creative essay on.Any ideas..?Also wat should be written in personal essay and how many recommendations are preferrable.your advice will be a great help for all those who are applying into LUMS for next session.I want to do BSC in finance & accounting despite the fact that I am a science student.so is it okay if i get recommendation letter from my physcis teacher.Please reply soon!

Reaction score
guys since the LUMS registration for the admsion for june 2013 has started..i want to know who is applying into it.Can the LUMINITE s help me in what I should write the creative essay on.Any ideas..?Also wat should be written in personal essay and how many recommendations are preferrable.your advice will be a great help for all those who are applying into LUMS for next session.I want to do BSC in finance & accounting despite the fact that I am a science student.so is it okay if i get recommendation letter from my physcis teacher.Please reply soon!
yes it's fine to get letters written from ANY teacher!
8 people from my class including me, got into LUMS last year. we were all science students.
don't leave any preference vacant. fill in every slot! ;)
as for the personal statement, go for a casual tone. stick to facts!
don't overact.
tell them "you just gotta be in LUMS cz that's the last thing left to do" ;)
if you need more help, i'll be around! :)
Best of Luck! :)

Reaction score
yes it's fine to get letters written from ANY teacher!
8 people from my class including me, got into LUMS last year. we were all science students.
don't leave any preference vacant. fill in every slot! ;)
as for the personal statement, go for a casual tone. stick to facts!
don't overact.
tell them "you just gotta be in LUMS cz that's the last thing left to do" ;)
if you need more help, i'll be around! :)
Best of Luck! :)
thankyou so much.wat should I write creative essay upon.@ is BSC in finance easy if one is a science student.hows life at LUMS? r u from lahore>

Reaction score
i got accepted but i didn't actually go there. cz i'm targeting a career in medicine. From what my friends say, the first year studies are FSc-ish. Calculus in particular.
Life at LUMS is dynamic. Check out the ‘LUMS Photographic Society’ on FB. That’ll give you more insight.
As for creative essay, write it on your uniqueness. Surprise the admission officers. I wrote mine about my ‘unique English accent’ ;)
And yes dear, I’m from Lahore. J

Reaction score
how important are teachers recommendation letters ?
it is worth sending an application without them ?

Reaction score
Any idea the score I'll need in my SAT considering I get 2A's and 1B in Alevels. I got 3A's and 1B in AS
Ill be applying for BSC Accounting and Finance

Reaction score
Any idea the score I'll need in my SAT considering I get 2A's and 1B in Alevels. I got 3A's and 1B in AS
Ill be applying for BSC Accounting and Finance
.hey i also got 3 A's and 1 B in AS and I also want to apply in BSC accounting and finance.wat SAT score u got?

Reaction score
i

i got 1920 in SAT so can I get admission in BSC in finance .please ask ur frnd and let me know.
SAT-1 usually doesn't effect the admission unless you score above 2100, then you get exempted from giving LCAT! :)
Btw, I'm quite in your league! Science student and applying for LUMS still! ;)

Reaction score
SAT-1 usually doesn't effect the admission unless you score above 2100, then you get exempted from giving LCAT! :)
Btw, I'm quite in your league! Science student and applying for LUMS still! ;)
but on website no specific score for SAT is mention.

Reaction score
I'll be applying as an aoverseas student so I am automatically exempted from LCAT. I would be required to give SAT in it's place.
My score is out tomorrow, though expect a really low score since I screwed up and did't prepare well *sighs*
Guess I'll be resitting for SAT at January :(

Reaction score
i am also an overseas student so isnt 1900 okay for admission.or should I reset in january.the question is that if i do another SAt on jan 26,the result willl come after 3 weeks so how will my admission procedure continue and the deadline is 15th jan.

Reaction score
I sent LUMS a message asking when's the the latest I could take SAT, to which they replied January. However, the results would come out at February so I am kinda confused now :/

Reaction score
i am also an overseas student so isnt 1900 okay for admission.or should I reset in january.the question is that if i do another SAt on jan 26,the result willl come after 3 weeks so how will my admission procedure continue and the deadline is 15th jan.
contact the admission office in this regard.

Reaction score
.hey i also got 3 A's and 1 B in AS and I also want to apply in BSC accounting and finance.wat SAT score u got?
we did not apply as overseas students.
we took LCAT only!
had our names in the first list!