• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Is there any need to read the books?

Reaction score
Many of my Chemistry teachers say that we should read the books like Chemistry Longman , Coursebook, Brian and may more ! BUT! who has got this much time to read all of them? I just want to know that is reading necessary? To score A in Aslevels?
thnncxX! if sumebody helps

XPFMember

XPRS Moderator
Reaction score
Many of my Chemistry teachers say that we should read the books like Chemistry Longman , Coursebook, Brian and may more ! BUT! who has got this much time to read all of them? I just want to know that is reading necessary? To score A in Aslevels?
thnncxX! if sumebody helps
AsSalamoAlaikum Wr Wb..

Well, depends..

When I did my A'levels, my teacher's notes were really good, and I didn't need to read books. Notes were just enough.

You can try doing pastpapers after learning from your notes. Refer mark schemes and examiner reports, and you'll get to know if you need more info and work even harder (read books) or not.

Reaction score
buh what if I say , i do not have notes like ya'?
I do not want to read books! I kind of avoid reading . Can you send me yours? If Possible?
(since it helped me , You desreve a like :) )

Reaction score
no probbbb....
can u temme how uh did prep foh phyics . I today gave a test nd I failed ! I am now tensed about it too now...:x

Reaction score
i wish some one could have told me about the mistakes in muhammad ayub coz i prepared my chem exam from it and gave it this oct november!!! :( :(

Reaction score
I don't use books either. Just teachers notes. Did get As but whats more important is that I understood (almost) everything I needed to know for the paper.