• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How's this idea?

Reaction score
I decided to leave the topics in history and islamiat that recently came in last 3 exams i.e 2011 session and may/june 2012 because i don't think they will be repeated, at least oct 2011 and m/j 2012 will not be .Please guide me accordingly,is it fine?

Reaction score
You should do them for a BETTER practice, what you can do is solve these latest papers yourself and mark yourself according to the marking scheme. Don't leave them!

Reaction score
I decided to leave the topics in history and islamiat that recently came in last 3 exams i.e 2011 session and may/june 2012 because i don't think they will be repeated, at least oct 2011 and m/j 2012 will not be .Please guide me accordingly,is it fine?
Please don't do that. You'd most probably regret it when you come out of the examination hall. If you're too lucky, you may achieve a B grade and not more than that. You can consider leaving some specific topics. But I'm warning you again, CIE is repeating questions even from the latest examination so you can't expect them to give questions that haven't recently appeared in exams.

Reaction score
Please don't do that. You'd most probably regret it when you come out of the examination hall. If you're too lucky, you may achieve a B grade and not more than that. You can consider leaving some specific topics. But I'm warning you again, CIE is repeating questions even from the latest examination so you can't expect them to give questions that haven't recently appeared in exams.
even something in 2012 may paper repeated in Oct this time...is this happened before as well...?

Reaction score
they repeat . . They have been giving hadis mentioning sincerity from last 3 yEARs and it was the least popular qustn in al gues papers but they gv it . . And jihad , wch has nv cme in history has been the most popular gues since 2010 but they havent gvn it ! U c, there r no theories,no formulaes . . Cie ppl are 2 clever !they can repeat and change b parts as understanding is key . . Be careful , u have time . . U must nt think of leaving thngs . . Ample time . Work wel ! Gud luck

Reaction score
they repeat . . They have been giving hadis mentioning sincerity from last 3 yEARs and it was the least popular qustn in al gues papers but they gv it . . And jihad , wch has nv cme in history has been the most popular gues since 2010 but they havent gvn it ! U c, there r no theories,no formulaes . . Cie ppl are 2 clever !they can repeat and change b parts as understanding is key . . Be careful , u have time . . U must nt think of leaving thngs . . Ample time . Work wel ! Gud luck
thank you

Reaction score
i gave the paper for June 2012. i didn't study the whole of section 3 for history. NOT AT ALL. nil. Nada. zip. and everyone was saying that there might be 3 questions on section 3 so even if u leave out 2, at least 1 has to be attempted. section 3 didn't come AT ALL. see you've got a choice of 3 questions from 5. check your CIE syllabus, if it says a maximum of 2 questions will come on section 3 then that means you can leave it out, pay more attention on the easier sections that is section 1 and 2. and give an overall better performance.because even when section 3 does come, people leave it out because it is not the easiest thing and only a twit would attempt it.

Reaction score
i like s
i gave the paper for June 2012. i didn't study the whole of section 3 for history. NOT AT ALL. nil. Nada. zip. and everyone was saying that there might be 3 questions on section 3 so even if u leave out 2, at least 1 has to be attempted. section 3 didn't come AT ALL. see you've got a choice of 3 questions from 5. check your CIE syllabus, if it says a maximum of 2 questions will come on section 3 then that means you can leave it out, pay more attention on the easier sections that is section 1 and 2. and give an overall better performance.because even when section 3 does come, people leave it out because it is not the easiest thing and only a twit would attempt it. [/quot
i like sect 3 and i prefer doing tht!

Reaction score
whatever floats your boat mate. u like sec 3 do sec 3. even though the questions are trickier and more details have to b remembered. sec 1 and sec 2 is same old same old. but do whatever you're comfortable with. but they DO give the sec 1 and 2. sec 3 is like one or two questions or not at all.