• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

How was Chemistry P1/2

Reaction score
beelooooo larki ka nam hay!!!!!!:ROFLMAO:
sorry if u got hurt,.......
i thought u r a boy..............:ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
what was ans fr aluminium one what would be at anode and cathode and were were ur ans fr last two mcqs bb right??

Reaction score
You're trying to say k in an electrolysis experiment, you need an electrolyte to conduct electricity, right? And graphite isnt an electrolyte. But teh graphite wali diagram wasn't an electrolysis experminet. The graphite block was jsut connected to the wires, and so the bulb will light up! Because Graphite is a good conductor of electricity. WHY YOU NO UNDESTAND? D:
i dont mean that.. im saying k in electrolysis electrons will be given off because of the chemical reactions.. so in the electrolysis options b c d extra energy was flowing in the circuit..and in a . there was only the cells own energy..theek?
but sorry for being such a nut.o_O . lets just leave it

Reaction score
A answer tha least poocha tha bhai mairay :p pbbr to conduct naee karay ga!!!
yar lead bromide molten tha us me dont u remember container me tha liquid shape me to it conducts electricity,answer graphite tha kyu k us me sirf ek electron hota hae

Reaction score
The lamp MCQ's answer was liquid mercury, since the mercury never discharges at the electrodes it will cause the lamp to light up dimly. Its similar to a past paper MCQ, they just changed the approach.
In p2, titration question we had to take 30cm3 as the volume since that was the amount neutralizing the acid. I think the concentration was 0.083 as beeloooo said.
In the electrolysis of Copper(II) Sulfate the Cu2+ ions are ALWAYS attracted towards the negative electrode no matter what the conditions, since it is lower than hydrogen. Sulfate ions are never discharged.
In the MCQ relating to Aluminium Oxide's electrolysis, the answer was that Aluminium is always formed at the cathode and Carbon Dioxide/Monoxide is always formed at the anode since the oxygen that is deposited corrodes away the carbon electrode by reacting with it.
Silver Nitrate was the answer for the MCQ regarding how to differentiate between HCl and HNO3 since a white precipitate of Silver Chloride will be formed in that case.

Reaction score
The lamp MCQ's answer was liquid mercury, since the mercury never discharges at the electrodes it will cause the lamp to light up dimly. Its similar to a past paper MCQ, they just changed the approach.
In p2, titration question we had to take 30cm3 as the volume since that was the amount neutralizing the acid. I think the concentration was 0.083 as beeloooo said.
In the electrolysis of Copper(II) Sulfate the Cu2+ ions are ALWAYS attracted towards the negative electrode no matter what the conditions, since it is lower than hydrogen. Sulfate ions are never discharged.
In the MCQ relating to Aluminium Oxide's electrolysis, the answer was that Aluminium is always formed at the cathode and Carbon Dioxide/Monoxide is always formed at the anode since the oxygen that is deposited corrodes away the carbon electrode by reacting with it.
Silver Nitrate was the answer for the MCQ regarding how to differentiate between HCl and HNO3 since a white precipitate of Silver Chloride will be formed in that case.
yeah i wrote liquid mercury too....but sum of my friends wrote solid lead bromide

Reaction score
yeah i wrote liquid mercury too....but sum of my friends wrote solid lead bromide

Dont worry, your answer is correct. The question had clearly stated in which electrolysis will the lamp glow LEAST brightly. In solid lead bromide it wont even turn on :D

Reaction score
people u have got it wrong..!!
in the electrolysis ques of aq cuso4 the answer was oxygen always forms at anode..!! the sulfate statement was sulphate ions rush towards the anode...n its absolutely not correct..!!