• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

GUYS! how was ur gp paper?

Reaction score
Terrible. The questions were awkward, looks like CIE has discovered how teachers speculate.

Reaction score
yea, me too. that topic was a lot easier than the others. the topics were quite interesting, but they required a significant amount of thinking and that was likely to waste a lot of our precious time.

Reaction score
wow same! this year's gp was quite hard ikr :/ i still need my b because the course i wanna do in university level must have atleast a b in gp :( now i know i will never score :(

Reaction score
I did a topic on rebellion and conformity. When I came outside the examination room, I got to know it was the most difficult topic to choose. :(

Reaction score
Woah! rebellion and conformity! that sounds tricky. which topic was it? i dont remember getting it this time. the global crisis question was repeated exactly dis year 8)

Reaction score
raza786 said:
Woah! rebellion and conformity! that sounds tricky. which topic was it? i dont remember getting it this time. the global crisis question was repeated exactly dis year 8)

I'm from Mauritius. Our GP paper is different from yours.

"Rebellion can achieve more than conformity." Discuss.

Yeah, pretty tricky for 1h 30 mins. I could only, in that time, impress the examiner with my intro and concluding comment. The rest was: :unknown:

There were many, many questions on Arts and the like. And practically nothing on gender equality. Century of the woman. I prepared that so well.

Reaction score
geez. u guys get tought topics!
ours was comparatively alot easier than yours then. why such disparity? :Search:

Reaction score
Your nick tells me you're from Pakistan. There were come 'local-type' questions, on Mauritius. There was something about the effects of the crisis on our island... but you know, I prefer international issues. :)

Reaction score
auragirl said:
Your nick tells me you're from Pakistan. There were come 'local-type' questions, on Mauritius. There was something about the effects of the crisis on our island... but you know, I prefer international issues. :)

Lol my eyes nearly popped out when i saw the topic on your favourite movie... Jeez how were u supposed to argue on that? How to develop it? Begin intro with trailer and conclude with climax!
Second topic that was definitely beyond my reach was the one on ballet etc, and third was financial crisis.
I had worked so hard for democracy, terrorism and euthanasia- none came up :(

Reaction score
it's okay guys gp paper was over :) have some hope and you'll do just fine :) i think im gonna get an E for this paper but still i'll never lose my hopes :) you just gotta stay positive but never overconfident. :)

Reaction score
anahita16 said:
auragirl said:

Lol my eyes nearly popped out when i saw the topic on your favourite movie... Jeez how were u supposed to argue on that? How to develop it? Begin intro with trailer and conclude with climax!
Second topic that was definitely beyond my reach was the one on ballet etc, and third was financial crisis.

You're Mauritian? Wow, cool. :)
And something tells me I know you... :wink:

Lol, same for me. I thought about 'Apocalypto', loads to write about that movie. And since some people were against its launching, much to balance with too. But when I asked myself who the main actors were, my mind went blank.:p

Which one did you attempt then?
Yes, I prepared on democracy, women and politics for two whole years. Like the papers gave me a heartbreak. :cry:

eyamwir said:
it's okay guys gp paper was over :) have some hope and you'll do just fine :) i think im gonna get an E for this paper but still i'll never lose my hopes :) you just gotta stay positive but never overconfident. :)

Dude, great positivity, but unfortunately, tension doesn't knock on my doors. It just barges in. :p

Reaction score
wow! what if we DO know each other??! wud be so great!!! check ur inbox... i did citizenship! lol we did do citizenship education in primary school ryt lol.

Reaction score
In primary girl. :D

I was so dumb with shock that I completely forgot the rest of the questions. What was the citizenship about?

Your status is hidden? Seems you're online, but I don't find it below in the list. :)
Okay, I found you*. Check your inbox. :)

Reaction score
Oh wait! I remembered. What makes a good citizen, right?

I selected that question at first. It seemed easiest. But then, I remembered what my GP teacher told me. Without adequate illustration, I wouldn't be able to obtain marks in the upper tier. Forget 40. So, I selected the other one. :(

But no worries. If you did that well, you'll score. :)

Reaction score
auragirl said:
anahita16 said:
auragirl said:

You're Mauritian? Wow, cool. :)
And something tells me I know you... :wink:

Lol, same for me. I thought about 'Apocalypto', loads to write about that movie. And since some people were against its launching, much to balance with too. But when I asked myself who the main actors were, my mind went blank.:p

Which one did you attempt then?
Yes, I prepared on democracy, women and politics for two whole years. Like the papers gave me a heartbreak. :cry:

eyamwir said:

Dude, great positivity, but unfortunately, tension doesn't knock on my doors. It just barges in. :p

atleast staying positive does not ruin your exam mood for the other papers. :) i was a bit frustrated also about it but then when i think twice, i still have a lot of other papers to worry about i wont and will never let one paper drag me down.

Reaction score
Multiple quoting is allowed here. Hmm... it'll make a biryani if I quote.

Eyamwir. I'm not saying that's not good. That helps you move on, surely it's beneficial. :)

I've mourned too, the time's over. I put a pause. I'll mourn later when all my papers will be over. Yes, I know it will not change anything I did on the papers. But at least, God would know I genuinely care about what I did during these past few weeks. And I do believe, though 99% is hard work, the 1% that remains is His. :)