• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

giving alevels privately!!

Reaction score
i just finished doing As and i got my result..i appeared for two subjects in may/june ..maths and chemistry...and i got really really bad grades..E n U...so now i have realized that maths and chemistry and physics..were never really my subjects..i just went for them coz i got good grades in olevels...i don't have any interest in these subjects..i know its obviously late for me to take this decision but i want to change my subjects and start a levels again..as in repeat As...i have decided to take english literature, psychology and sociology or business studies (haven't decided which one to finalize yet among sociology and business studies) anyway i like these subjects..but the thing is..i want to do a levels privately now...i wont go to any college this time..coz of financial problems...but i will join a good academy in the evening..atleast its a lil cheaper in fee than colleges...now my plan is...if i work hard and get good grades in As then i will appear for A2 papers the same year in oct/nov...IA i'll be able to manage..so is it possible? i really need help please..will the british council still count my this year As result?

Reaction score
Hey! Im uin the same situation right now. I had changed my subjects from sciences in olevels to accounts n economincs n maths in alevels and got not so good grades. 2D and 1C. And im also thinking of repeating AS. But im still confused as neither these are subjects of my interest.mas my father just gave me the option that if i change sciences i will have to take these subjects. So i did.
N now im confused. So that makes the two of us :p
God bless both of us.

Reaction score
if you think that they are not the subjects of your interest..then choose the subjects you like and repeat As...maybe we'll lag behind one year..but atleast we'll have a happy life later on..coz we did what we wanted...and thats what matters...all we need to do is work hard and have faith in God :) everything will be fine In Sha Allah :)

Reaction score
Well It depends on the teacher as well how does he makes the subject interesting. I will personally suggest that your subject combination isn't good. I will suggest a combo of Business studies or Accounts, Sociology and Economics. Well it's very difficult to build interest in English Literature and getting a good grade is also really difficult.

Mohsin Azam Khan
O/A levels Economics&Accounts Teacher at Brainiac's Tutelage Academy, DHA.

Reaction score
but i love english literature :/ i wanna study english literature and psychology..what other subject should i study with it?

Reaction score
In order to do A levels, you'll need to pass your AS. If you re-take your AS levels in Oct/Nov, you can disregard the other bad grades. As for taking A levels privately, i strongly advise you against it. However, if you get a tutor, then it will be feasible. A tutor will be able to evaluate you without a bias, as opposed to doing yourself.

Reaction score
lollipop could u tell me what book to study for psychology

Gross, R. (2005), Psychology: the Science of Mind and Behaviour, 6th Edition, Hodder Arnold

Hill, G. (2009), Cambridge International A Level psychology through diagrams, Oxford University Press

Reaction score
Gross, R. (2005), Psychology: the Science of Mind and Behaviour, 6th Edition, Hodder Arnold

Hill, G. (2009), Cambridge International A Level psychology through diagrams, Oxford University Press

Thanks so much!!! <3