• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

General Paper 8004 (Reader's Thoughts needed)

Reaction score
Oh alright no problem. I was just having some difficulty. How are your exams going btw?

I heard A level business studies

so A level business studies (A*), and A level International Business(A*) here, you can ask anything :)

Reaction score
I heard A level business studies

so A level business studies (A*), and A level International Business(A*) here, you can ask anything :)
hey, I was wondering if informal leadership is to be studied for As level business studies, since its not mentioned anywhere in the syllabus.

Reaction score
hey, I was wondering if informal leadership is to be studied for As level business studies, since its not mentioned anywhere in the syllabus.

Pedagogically you must be referring to "laissez faire style leadership" yep you have to study that at AS level

Reaction score
Pedagogically you must be referring to "laissez faire style leadership" yep you have to study that at AS level
No, not that, theres another section on this, its called informal leadership

informal leadership: a personal who has no formal authority but has the respect of colleagues and some power over them

Reaction score
No, not that, theres another section on this, its called informal leadership

informal leadership: a personal who has no formal authority but has the respect of colleagues and some power over them

As far as I remember there were 3 major styles: Autocratic (sarial), laissez-faire(informal and friendly), democratic (zardari? yea right)

so informal would be similar to laissez-faire and all those leaderships styles are in AS (I also double checked the syllabus for you)

Reaction score
Isn't there paternalistic in this aswell? Cuz I made notes on that. Should I study that? And what about emotional intelligence do I ned to know that for the exams?

Reaction score
As far as I remember there were 3 major styles: Autocratic (sarial), laissez-faire(informal and friendly), democratic (zardari? yea right)

so informal would be similar to laissez-faire and all those leaderships styles are in AS (I also double checked the syllabus for you)
Should i make notes on paternalistic and should i study emotional intelligence? please let me know

Reaction score
Will i be able to get 3 marks for this question:

Explain the autocratic style of management?
Autocratic is when the leader decides to make all the decisions in the business and does not allow any sort of participation from its workforce in the decision making process. They set business objectives themselves, issue instructions to the workforce and check to ensure that the task given is being carried out in a systematic order. This style of management is usually found in armed forces or police force, where only immediate implementation is required.

I think i need to explain more, but if u were to write this, how would you?

Reaction score
2 marks

1 mark for knowing the concept, second mark for applying to by giving the example of armed forces

you can gain the third mark by using technical terms to make your answer look more educated than general

that one word here would have been authoritarian

"Autocratic is an authoritarian style of leadership in the business and restricts participation from its workforce in the decision making process. The leader sets business objectives, issue instructions to the workforce and ensures implementation. An example are armed forces or police force, where a hierarchical structure of organization exists."

So you see essentially keeping the idea of your answer same and just by modifying some words I made it a line shorter which would save time and by using business management jargon (terminology) I made it look more educated. So, that's 3 mark for certain.

Reaction score
2 marks

1 mark for knowing the concept, second mark for applying to by giving the example of armed forces

you can gain the third mark by using technical terms to make your answer look more educated than general

"Autocratic is an authoritarian style of leadership in the business and restricts participation from its workforce in the decision making process. The leader sets business objectives, issue instructions to the workforce and ensures implementation. An example are armed forces or police force, where a hierarchical structure of organization exists."

So you see essentially keeping the idea of your answer same and just by modifying some words I made it a line shorter which would save time and by using business management jargon (terminology) I made it look more educated. So, that's 3 mark for certain.
Okey i totally get the use of jargon here Thanks :) A bit of fancy words to summarize the answers should work.

Reaction score
2 marks

How would you write an answer for this question:
Explain the functions of a manager? (5) marks.

Reaction score
cant i? Is the essay that bad or incoherent? Im gona accept every criticsm i get to make it constructive in my next essay writing.

No that's not the case, that guy is giving everyone an E so far on the forum, so just to let you know the grade I gave you is the authentic one