• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Prepration

Reaction score
how to prepare especially for paper 1?
This is a reply to both your posts, yes if you solve past papers and no one even checks them (you can check the answers of ppr 2 from a mark scheme or redspot book) they'll help alot, but be sure you're doing that with honesty. No peeking through the answers or getting ideas for stories from someone else. And if you're doing the past papers do keep a track of time too that'll help you know how much time you can allocate for different question according to your speed of writing.

Reaction score
@fatikhalid: Im not a pro, Im also appearing for english this session and please if you get any other tips do let me know :)

Reaction score
I'm guessing you're worried about composition, right?
I'm gonna second the notion of buying the Cambridge English Revision Guide. It's actually a pretty decent choice if you want maximum results in minimum time. Formats, tones, techniques and all can be found in the book, so read it once or twice before your paper.
Practice is equally important. Get Redspot's past papers for English Language and, if you have the time, their Challenging English Comprehension and Essays. Write at least one composition per day. Read through a model composition in the past papers, then attempt one by yourself. Strive to be original and creative. That is the key to a good composition. A good idea would be to post your compositions online on a thread on XPF or any other websites so a diverse audience can analyse them and evaluate your efforts :)
Comprehension is something that you'll get the hang through practice, practice and more practice. Kind of a drag, yes, but it's perhaps the easiest way to ensure good results.
Hope I helped.
awww...thankyouu soo much!!