• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

English Language 1123/22

Reaction score
And what were the two ideas which Miles had to rescue Phelp???, besides the old man pulled Phelp to the shore by tying the rope around his hips right in q8 part b*?!
-pipe to breath
-look for help
yes , very right !

Reaction score
No no it didn't say very often or even 'too' for that matter. That's the main reason I actually wrote rescue. If it said that, I would've left the answer blank, cause I didn't see typical for some readob
It did say very often i wrote typical too and Saad Mughal's justification is absolutely plausible

Reaction score
Where on earth was typical written anyway? I wrote rescue abd stuck to it cause I could a find a more appropriate word, but I had the feeling that rescue wasn't the correct word...I went over the WHOLE passage 4 times but I still don't remember seeing typical anywhere. Where was it written
typical was the word exactly before rescue. "typical rescue" they said. i think students would have chosen this phrase if they had asked for two words instead of just one.

Reaction score
Btw marks scheme will come out around august beginning, keep ur fingers crossed :p

Reaction score
i wrote "CRAWL" because rescue could be used for saving their lives as well. They were stuck in the mud so they were crawling.

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me what if we don't write word count at the end of the directed writing and creative writing in Paper 1?

Reaction score
can anyone please tell me what if we don't write word count at the end of the directed writing and creative writing in Paper 1?
no penalty AT ALL . . Examiners recognise the haste we are in to complete the two tasks so not writing word count doesnt matter a bit . . In some places , ms and er also mention not to trust word counts of students as they could be misleading . . No worries and nö second thoughts on this matter

Reaction score
no penalty AT ALL . . Examiners recognise the haste we are in to complete the two tasks so not writing word count doesnt matter a bit . . In some places , ms and er also mention not to trust word counts of students as they could be misleading . . No worries and nö second thoughts on this matter
Thanks