• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

english as a first language?...........right/

Reaction score
hey guys i live in the gulf and was just thinking of giving 0500 english as a first language in the up coming may june 2013 examinations rather than the 0510 second language they usually teach here ,so is ther anyone who haspossibly given this before?????????
if yes!!!what are the books and resources available for scoring an A* or hopefullly a distinction?

Reaction score
I am studying first language English and I never required a single book. I suggest you do past papers only and look for information regarding the structure of your essays. There really is no book that can help you a lot in English; practice and let an English teacher or expert mark it for you.

Reaction score
My teacher always told me that nobody can teach a person how to write...if you get what I mean. So, I suggest you know how to write summaries and improve your vocabulary. Apart from doing past papers, read the examiners reports 'cause they REALLY help. And the jump from ESL to FLE is really long... I hope you know what your doing...oh and you need lots of logic..which happens to be in short supply ;)

Reaction score
I am studying first language English and I never required a single book. I suggest you do past papers only and look for information regarding the structure of your essays. There really is no book that can help you a lot in English; practice and let an English teacher or expert mark it for you.
thanks dude for your reply....the problem here is that of teachers and experts ironically indeed