• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

ECAT and MCAT Preparation: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Plz somebody help me out here...those who have taken the test plz tell me how was the test...purely fsc based?what should i do within 6 days to prepare for it?
i'd prefer study as much Fs.c as possible, the same thing I'd been suggesting from the beginning of preparation!

Reaction score
How'd it go, our ''thread's only Fsc mate'' ?

Bad!! My test was totally rote based =/ The computer based test environment and all was good but test went really bad!! ='/ if i'd known k aisa test ayay ga i would have spent the whole month memorising everything instead of focusing on concepts. My other fsc friends (mostly rote learners) found it very easy. And i didn't even apply to GIK. Ab nust may b na hua tou i'm so screwed.

Reaction score
Bad!! My test was totally rote based =/ The computer based test environment and all was good but test went really bad!! ='/ if i'd known k aisa test ayay ga i would have spent the whole month memorising everything instead of focusing on concepts. My other fsc friends (mostly rote learners) found it very easy. And i didn't even apply to GIK. Ab nust may b na hua tou i'm so screwed.

:(

Reaction score

198 Alhamdulillah :)

Kia yeh khula tizad nahein?

Congrats though (y), i guess he:
after every night there is sunshine.:D:eek:;):)
was right :D

Reaction score
I encountered these problems in FSc maths book, if any one could help me with these.
1. x^4 - 6x^2 + 10 - 6/x^2 + 1/x^4.
2. 3cos^2 x - 2(3)^1/2 sinxcosx - 3sin^2x = 0
Thankyou for help :)

Reaction score
I encountered these problems in FSc maths book, if any one could help me with these.
1. x^4 - 6x^2 + 10 - 6/x^2 + 1/x^4.
2. 3cos^2 x - 2(3)^1/2 sinxcosx - 3sin^2x = 0
Thankyou for help :)
AoA! :D
1. What are you supposed to do with the first one? It isn't an equation.
2. Do you have to find the value of x here? Are you sure that the third term is not + 3 sin^2 x?

Reaction score
Reaction score
abcde and smzimran, the first one has to be *solved* (pardon me for not mentioning that)! The values of x had to be found. Same applies to Question 2, and abcde i'm perfectly sure - the book's in front of me! :)
There's no range for the second question, you just have to find the solution set. If it helps, the answers are : (i'm taking p for pie)
p/6 , 7p/6 , 2p/3, 5p/3.
And for the first question, i know what to do, but what i do ends up as a khichri! :p I want to know *how* is it done!
Thankyou!

Reaction score
abcde and smzimran, the first one has to be *solved* (pardon me for not mentioning that)! The values of x had to be found. Same applies to Question 2, and abcde i'm perfectly sure - the book's in front of me! :)
There's no range for the second question, you just have to find the solution set. If it helps, the answers are : (i'm taking p for pie)
p/6 , 7p/6 , 2p/3, 5p/3.
And for the first question, i know what to do, but what i do ends up as a khichri! :p I want to know *how* is it done!
Thankyou!
How can value of x be found in an expression!!! :eek:
It must be an equation if value is to be found!

As for the second question, check my solution above.