• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Discussion of physics paper 22 A level

Reaction score
Most of the ppl here are saying it was easy. How was it with u?? PS: Don't respond till tmrw ie 24 hrs so if u wanna discuss Just PM me till than.

Reaction score
Paper discussion is not allowed within 24 hours of the paper. Please avoid it if you don't want to be banned by XPF. For the time being, I am locking this topic. You may ask a moderator to unlock it for you after 24 hours.

**TOPIC LOCKED**

Reaction score
did we have to tell about the errors and their improvements in the young modulus question ?

Reaction score
Aoa. I don't think so. All we had to write were what apparatus we used, how to use that apparatus and find all the values i.e area, force, length, and how to use those values in calculating young modulus.

Reaction score
and would it be acceptable if i used only 1 weight rather than doing it with many weights and plotting a graph or whatever.

Reaction score
You could do it that way. I wrote that use a newton meter for force, ruler for original length and extension, and vernier caliper for area. Then use formula of stress/strain to calculate young modulus. i am not sure this method might be wrong. the graph one seems like a more logical answer.

Reaction score
alphabravocharlie said:
You could do it that way. I wrote that use a newton meter for force, ruler for original length and extension, and vernier caliper for area. Then use formula of stress/strain to calculate young modulus. i am not sure this method might be wrong. the graph one seems like a more logical answer.
i wrote about it the same way too!!1 :good: :good: :good: :good: :good: :good:

Reaction score
Well thats good to know, maybe both answers might be correct. They both seem logical enough to be correct. Lets just hope that we get good marks and the gt is low. anyways good luck for the mcqs. :good:

Reaction score
i also didnt use any graphical method . i guess that is okay too.. because there is nothing wrong in it .. and yes i also think the gt would be low

Reaction score
The graph one is the more logical since it averages our random error.. However Even if they correct only the graph thing Then the max marks you could loose is 1 since you wrote the other points.

Reaction score
ok..whatever..now lets forget that graph...and concentrate for the upcoming papers shall we...talking about it over and over again will not correct it if it was made wrong!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction score
Guys two questions on this paper were taken from the OCR board exam series. Question 1 and that Young Modulus were taken from OCR exam series. Its Marking Scheme says students are expected to mention about a Stress Strain graph, one limitation of the experiment and one improvement. Also, micrometer to measure DIAMETER and NOT area of the wire. Meter rule to measure the length of the wire.

Reaction score
fries25 said:
Guys two questions on this paper were taken from the OCR board exam series. Question 1 and that Young Modulus were taken from OCR exam series. Its Marking Scheme says students are expected to mention about a Stress Strain graph, one limitation of the experiment and one improvement. Also, micrometer to measure DIAMETER and NOT area of the wire. Meter rule to measure the length of the wire.

Aoa. Well whats done is done. We can't change it. Lets just hope what ever happens all of us get an A in this subject.
P.S for young modulus we need to calculate area, we would use the vernier calipers or micrometer to measure the diameter, and use it for area.

Reaction score
the young modulus question is i think the first time an experiment of this type came .. and there was no mention for improvements or errors .. so i dont think the graph would be necesary ..

Reaction score
and we need to find the diameter than find the cross sectional area . otherwise we cant find stress ..

Reaction score
fries25 said:
yea u r ryt absolutely i solved that young modulus question...not Q 1 though it was easy