• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computing Paper 3 Last Week Revision

Reaction score
The algorithms of quick sorting and insertion sort do we have to remember them?
In the revision guide for the massive blue book (Computing Coursebook) it says and I quote "Remember the syllabus explicitly states that you will not be expected to produce these algorithms for these sorting methods in the exam. You should, however be able to give a description of the algorithm, and it would be a worthwhile programming exercise'

So yeah I only went through the syllabus before mocks and its too lengthy and I dont have time to do so again but if the syllabus says no then they obv wont ask :) ot from scratch for sure anyways

Reaction score
Guys what I think about paper 3 is that the theory part is very easy such as functions of OS,functions of registers, functions of translators and network chapter. And of course that BCD two's complement floating point chapter is also a potential high scoring chapter. Only if they could make a difficult paper it must come from programming paradigms chapter