• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computers & ICT: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
can anyone help me with the word documents in 2011 winter and summer
in winter -26 till end
in summer-16 till end
also winter 2010
from 2 till 7

Reaction score
both your questions are solved over here, there ain't much of anything to explain except just putting the formula.. to see the Function Argument box, just click the "fx" button in front of the formulas...
now for the graph, see the other word document

hope it'll help
Great work done ... !
Same way can you plz give me the steps to solve Paper 2 May / June 2009 ? from Question 10 , 11, 12, 13
basically i want steps for question 10 and 13. Please if any one can help ( i have attached question paper and supporting files for your help) :)

Attachments

• 9713_s09_sf_2.zip
    3.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 9713_s09_qp_2.pdf
    110.1 KB · Views: 4
Reaction score
With the .zip files I meant the resource files :p found them already but thanks anyways. When I started doing this paper myself (for practise) I got stuck at question 7 already... Could anyone help? I believe the formula is correct but for some reason is not working. [As you can see I get #N/A results :(]
View attachment 4222
instead of F6 write int(F6)
Your values in f6 column is text and not integer, but you are trying to compare integer values

Reaction score
Reaction score
can anyone help me with the word documents in 2011 winter and summer
in winter -26 till end
in summer-16 till end
also winter 2010
from 2 till 7
both the summer and winter 11 papers involve website evaluation... go through the contents of the CIE book page 162-163, 176 and 240
if you don't have the book.. check this websites:
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/educationupclose.phtml/10
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Evaluate.html

http://www.surfnetkids.com/go/safety/457/things-to-consider-when-evaluating-information/
http://guides.library.jhu.edu/evaluatinginformation

as for the power-point part, I'll upload the file that I used to learn these things

Attachments

• 29176359-PowerPoint-2003-for-IGCSE-ICT.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 18
Reaction score
Hey guys i need help in how to write the WORD. You know usually at the end we have to write somethingg.. I mean i dint do it before i want to know how its done..how do we start and what we mostly talk about..how we can drage the matter to 300 to 400 words. please any tips will be helpful !

Reaction score
i am so nervous..my as AICT practical paper two is next week...................any tips to boost up my confidence??????????????

Reaction score
i am so nervous..my as AICT practical paper two is next week...................any tips to boost up my confidence??????????????
Same thing... Practise the parts you are most uncomfortable with...
I have another problem that you might not experience, which is using MS office 2003, which had a rubbish GUI and does not even support all formulas... So just do past papers and relax :)

Reaction score
Hey guys i need help in how to write the WORD. You know usually at the end we have to write somethingg.. I mean i dint do it before i want to know how its done..how do we start and what we mostly talk about..how we can drage the matter to 300 to 400 words. please any tips will be helpful !

Even i need help with that !!! :unsure:

Reaction score
Even i need help with that !!! :unsure:
Same here... the mark schemes don't even specify clearly, for example:

Fact or opinion
on each web page [4 marks]
evidence of this [4 marks]
What I see from this is that it is more important that you have something for everything, even if they are not absolutely truthful, and the editing of the text has the main value... On the other hand this question does contain 30 possible marks (50 max) out of 120 marks which is a lot if you cannot do it...​

Reaction score
can some one plzz help me with the lookup formula (AS LEVEL) ? ? i cant ever seem to get it right. x x

Reaction score
In powerpoint when they say to print the slides. Do you print as “1 slide” as handouts or as Full page slide ??
& in 2010 m/j Question no. 14 how Do you calculate the Rate column ?? Is there any other way of doing it other than specified in the Mark Scheme ???

Reaction score
can some one plzz help me with the lookup formula (AS LEVEL) ? ? i cant ever seem to get it right. x x
Exam paper and question please :)
I'll help you if I can, and if I get the question.

Basically there are three types of lookups.
The original lookup, the vlookup and the hlookup.
The most commonly used of these is the vlookup, so the first thing you enter is the value you're looking for, after that you select the array (the cells in which you are looking for the result), then you select from which column you want to choose the response from (This can be done by typing the column number if it is always the same, or you may also have another formula to vary the number you want to get the result from), then you finally may choose to type in false if you want to have an exact match for a result, or true for an estimate result.
=VLOOKUP(the value you want to look for, the array where you have the result, the column number, true/false)
=VLOOKUP(Lookup_value, Table_array, Col_index _num, range_lookup)

The same thing applies when using the hlookup (horizontal lookup), but instead of having Col_index_num, you would have Row_index_num.

Hope it helps

Reaction score
Your lookup is correct... no problem with that. The problem lies in the ROUTE column. The data in the column are all in text format, if I'm correct. Anyways it's pretty easy to get around this problem... just put the formula like this: =VALUE(MID(A6,3,1))... the value function converts the text thing into number...
it should work now
Fortunately i can tell u Route formate is not right use [=value(f6)] to convert it into value format then it will work or u can use format cell method for converting them into values check n reply , i alo teach ICT someone need help can contack [email protected]

Reaction score
when i close my excel after being done with my work the next time i open it the formulas are not there anymore so what can i do so that they do not go away?

Reaction score
In powerpoint when they say to print the slides. Do you print as “1 slide” as handouts or as Full page slide ??
& in 2010 m/j Question no. 14 how Do you calculate the Rate column ?? Is there any other way of doing it other than specified in the Mark Scheme ???

Replyy to that PLEASEEEEE !
& can anyone plz explain me how to do question no. 21 onwards... of o/n 2008. The chart part, Xexon has explained it but still its Confusing..
HELPPP ! :(

Reaction score
both the summer and winter 11 papers involve website evaluation... go through the contents of the CIE book page 162-163, 176 and 240
if you don't have the book.. check this websites:
http://www.glencoe.com/sec/teachingtoday/educationupclose.phtml/10
http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/TeachingLib/Guides/Internet/Evaluate.html

http://www.surfnetkids.com/go/safety/457/things-to-consider-when-evaluating-information/
http://guides.library.jhu.edu/evaluatinginformation

as for the power-point part, I'll upload the file that I used to learn these things
Thanks alot bro !
cheers!

Reaction score
Exam paper and question please :)
I'll help you if I can, and if I get the question.

Basically there are three types of lookups.
The original lookup, the vlookup and the hlookup.
The most commonly used of these is the vlookup, so the first thing you enter is the value you're looking for, after that you select the array (the cells in which you are looking for the result), then you select from which column you want to choose the response from (This can be done by typing the column number if it is always the same, or you may also have another formula to vary the number you want to get the result from), then you finally may choose to type in false if you want to have an exact match for a result, or true for an estimate result.

The same thing applies when using the hlookup (horizontal lookup), but instead of having Col_index_num, you would have Row_index_num.

Hope it helps
tysm <3