• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Computer Project

Reaction score
I have a few questions related to the computer:

1. DO we really need to go some place like a clinic, shop, library etc. to do the interview and stuff?
2. Should the question/answers be added to the project?
3. If I include everything that they've asked for, and no more details of my own, will I get 50 marks? Some projects I've senn have a lot of details. Introduction, overview....basically repetition of quite similar things. I don't need to do that do I?

All help's appreciated.

Reaction score
twelveoclock said:
I have a few questions related to the computer:

1. DO we really need to go some place like a clinic, shop, library etc. to do the interview and stuff?
2. Should the question/answers be added to the project?
3. If I include everything that they've asked for, and no more details of my own, will I get 50 marks? Some projects I've senn have a lot of details. Introduction, overview....basically repetition of quite similar things. I don't need to do that do I?

All help's appreciated.
1. No make that up! but the organization u choose should be genuine!
2. Yes they are to be included in Analyses
3. U have to add some extra details to make ur work look unique! Examiners don't give a 50 for normal work!

Reaction score
Right. Thanks.
And should I include a word by word dialogue for the interview or will a summarized text do the job?

Reaction score
Thanks.

And just to confirm again, especially from those who got A* or A in computer studies, did you guys goto that actual place or wrote everything on your own?
I'm asking because my teacher is insisting on going to the place and observing and stuff which I don't think is quite possible. Obviously we can go but it would look extremely strange for a high school kid asking around and computerizing their system.

badrobot14

XPRS Administrator
Reaction score
i didnt go n i got an A, back in da day... Alhamdulillah. A gud imagination can do the job.. Although if it's easy to go, u shuld.

Reaction score
Okay, thanks a lot for all the replies.

I have another question:
Should I add in extra details like "evaluation of proposed solution" in Analysis. The CIE page only asks for "Description of possible solutions and the proposed solution". I have seen some old projects and thwy have that extra heading. Obviously it is possible that their syllabus would ahve been different, but just to be sure, should I add this new heading?

Reaction score
Don't go for previous projects .. because now the syllabus has been quite changed and the headings have also changed
so just follow the APPENDIX of 2012 syllabus not of previous years !!!

Reaction score
GO for every single heading apne sir ke sath bana ke rakho follow everything he says and u'll get awsome marks dont care about cambridge examiner almost all teh time marks given by ur school teacher are regarded as final marks by cambridge they dont have that much time to read millions of projects submitted every year...just complete every heading and yes many points will be repeated and u can repeat..

Reaction score
3. U have to add some extra details to make ur work look unique! Examiners don't give a 50 for normal work!
I have to disagree. You shouldn't require any fancy or unique stuff in your project, what really matters is if you've fulfilled all of the criteria to get full marks. But if that is what you meant, disregard what I said. :p

Reaction score
Yes our own teachers will most probably give the final grade.

But what annoys me the most is that another student in my class made a project (nearly copied and pasted from old projects) which has extra headings too (headings of old projects again). If I strictly follow the CIE's provided appendix, she will cut marks since I won't have those headings.