• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

CHEMISTRY UNIT 3B MAY 2012...

Reaction score
so am wondering how did everyone do in this paper..
i guess i messed it up a little..
ESPECIALLY the last Q .. and the organic part... plus one or two on the first page ..
i think am losing like more than 20 marks >.< :'(

how did u solve the value of x in water of crystallization ? and the percentage error..
then the most important one is when they asked u wether error has any effect on :-
(a) carbon getting on the crucible..
(b) if NaBr splashes...

i messed that one up.. wt did u guys write????????????????

Reaction score
so am wondering how did everyone do in this paper..
i guess i messed it up a little..
ESPECIALLY the last Q .. and the organic part... plus one or two on the first page ..
i think am losing like more than 20 marks >.< :'(

how did u solve the value of x in water of crystallization ? and the percentage error..
then the most important one is when they asked u wether error has any effect on :-
(a) carbon getting on the crucible..
(b) if NaBr splashes...

i messed that one up.. wt did u guys write????????????????

Reaction score
yo.. i felt this paper was freaking messed... for x i got 2.2 and percentage error forgot what i wrote... for a) i wrote they decreased and b) they increased.
wat did u write??????

Reaction score
yo.. i felt this paper was freaking messed... for x i got 2.2 and percentage error forgot what i wrote... for a) i wrote they decreased and b) they increased.
wat did u write??????

umm for the value of x .. i got 2.7 !! from God know's where !!!

then for the error thing.. i wrote in both situations, the error wud INCREASE... cuuuz the value of x wud decrease... nd i have not the slightest idea if this sounds ever reasonable !! :(
oh damn...

am doing physics practical on fri.. r u ?

Reaction score
haahahaa.... Well shit happens.... YEh am doing physics practicals on fri.. am screwed for this paper coz phy has always haunted me...lol

Reaction score
I wrote for the first part, the apparent mass of water released would be lower, and thus x would be lower. For the second one I wrote that the apparent mass of water released would be greater and x would be greater.
I got 2.2 for x and like 0.28 ish % for the percentage error.

Reaction score
I wrote for the first part, the apparent mass of water released would be lower, and thus x would be lower. For the second one I wrote that the apparent mass of water released would be greater and x would be greater.
I got 2.2 for x and like 0.28 ish % for the percentage error.
i got the same answers just hope they are correct...

Reaction score
i got the same answers just hope they are correct...

Yeah I hope so too.

The only one I know for sure that I got wrong was the last part of the Hess Cycle.. I forgot to multiply by 2.. :(

Oh well, good luck to everyone in their other papers :)

Reaction score
hey whats the answer to the apparent mass of water removed when NaBr jumps nd the answer to the first and second improvemnt in Q5

Reaction score
i wrote it increased........ and 1st improvement put a lid with holes and 2nd use an electric heater instead of burner
hey whats the answer to the apparent mass of water removed when NaBr jumps nd the answer to the first and second improvemnt in Q5