• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry Test of Ions

Reaction score
If it is given you will have to plot it. It's good the graph is starting from the origin, anyway I'm off for now. It was nice answering your questions, if weirdude is here he'll answer your further questions.
Good night! Best of luck for your exam

All right man, good night and thanks for the hundredth time.. You don't understand how much you've helped me.. I would've gotten around a C if it wasn't for you! Good luck with your exam tomorrow!

Reaction score
For CHEMISTRY PAPER 6 TO GET A*, STUDY :-
1. All the labeling and names of apparatus
2. Learn and revise CATION AND ANION again and again
3. Preparation of soluble salt, insoluble salt, titration and Precipitation method (step by step which gives examiner a good impression and sometimes bonus marks)
4.Reaction of Acid with basis , carbonate, salt
5. Learn pH scale by color and example of strong or weak acid
6. Chromatography, filtration, Crystallization, to separate solvent from solution by distillation, Fractional Distillation
7. Rate of Reaction and effect of increasing surface area, concentration, temperation, suitable catalytst and light
8. Photography by Silverbromide and Photosynthesis equations
9. Equilabrium and Energy change in reversible reaction
10. Solid, liquid and gasses states and properties.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE :)

Reaction score
Can someone post the definitions of Chromatography, Fractional Distillation, Titration etc. ?

Reaction score
Chromatography: The sepeartion of a mixture of substances using filter paper and a solvent.
Fractional distillation: Sepeartion of liquids with different boiling points.
Titration: A method for basically finding the amount of a substance in a solution.

Don't learn there defintions, paper 6 is about experiment. Understand how they work, and how you can set up an experiment involving these methods.

Reaction score
Please I need help
Which year from pastpaper should I solve
Or which one is very helpfull

DUUDE, SOLVE ALL. Since you don't have much time anymore start from 2006.. question in paper 6 are usually repeated just with slight changes. Also check the mark scheme to make sure your answers match . Beleive me , the more you solve the better you'll get.

Reaction score
Chemistry | Test of ions
So, on Wednesday we will have Chemistry paper 6. Every year there are test of ions based questions. Here is a list compiled by me on test of ions. Hope it helps!

Please tell me if there is any mistake in the list and I'll make changes A.S.A.P

Official anion/cations and gases test by Cambridge.
Chemistry.jpg
i'd lyk 2 make an addition since dis is not dere.
test 4 bromides(anion)
add nitric acid, n den aqueous silver nitrate
result: cream ppt formed
test 4 magnesium?(cation)
wid aqueous sodium hydroxide: white ppt, insoluble in xcess
wid aqueous ammonia: white ppt, insoluble in xcess

Reaction score
Back from my exam :) It was awesome.
There's only one thing i'm unsure about. There was a question about a reaction between aqueous lead nitrate & aqueous potassium chloride forming insoluble lead chloride and potassium nitrate and it asked what type of reaction that is.
Many people I know wrote displacement or double displacement - is Precipitation reaction correct?

Reaction score
There's only one thing i'm unsure about. There was a question about a reaction between aqueous lead nitrate & aqueous potassium chloride forming insoluble lead chloride and potassium nitrate and it asked what type of reaction that is.
Many people I know wrote displacement or double displacement - is Precipitation reaction correct?
i wrote precipitation :\

Reaction score
Variant 2 here, sorry mate

Reaction score
i wrote precipitation :\
I love you. XD
I'm not the only one who wrote precipitation.
"A precipitation reaction is a reaction in which soluble ions in separate solutions are mixed together to form an insoluble compound that settles out of solution as a solid. That insoluble compound is called a precipitate."It should be correct. I hope so at least.

Reaction score
I love you. XD
I'm not the only one who wrote precipitation.
"A precipitation reaction is a reaction in which soluble ions in separate solutions are mixed together to form an insoluble compound that settles out of solution as a solid. That insoluble compound is called a precipitate."It should be correct. I hope so at least.
i think its correct :D

Reaction score

I wrote displacement ._.
Yours is probably right, it was one mark though. Anyways , my paper went great as well . Owe it to you and woowoowoo!
Thanks a ton guys x)