• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Chemistry: Post your doubts here!

Reaction score
Which factor helps to explain why the first ionisation energies of the Group I elements decrease
from lithium to sodium to potassium to rubidium?
A The nuclear charge of the elements increases
B the outer electron is in the s subshell
C repulsion between spin paired electrons increases
D shieldng efect of inner electrons increases
answer is D bt shouldnt it b C???
can any1 explain me dis plz?

Reaction score
22 On strong heating a hydrocarbon produces ethene, propane and but-1-ene in the mole ratio 5 : 1 : 1.
What is the molecular formula of the hydrocarbon?
A C17H34
B C17H36
C C19H38
D C19H40

can someone plz explain me this??

Reaction score
22 On strong heating a hydrocarbon produces ethene, propane and but-1-ene in the mole ratio 5 : 1 : 1.
What is the molecular formula of the hydrocarbon?
A C17H34
B C17H36
C C19H38
D C19H40

can someone plz explain me this??
is the ans b ?

Reaction score
ya
but how???
write down the molecular formula of ethene, propane and but-1-ene
then it says the ratio is 5:1:1 so multiply the molecular formula of ethene with 5 since the other ratio is 1 so we dont not need to multiply it , after multiplyin add all carbon u ll get 17 and add all hydrogen u ll get 36 so the formula is C17H36 :)

Reaction score
write down the molecular formula of ethene, propane and but-1-ene
then it says the ratio is 5:1:1 so multiply the molecular formula of ethene with 5 since the other ratio is 1 so we dont not need to multiply it , after multiplyin add all carbon u ll get 17 and add all hydrogen u ll get 36 so the formula is C17H36 :)
thnx
very helpful :D:D:D:D

Reaction score
In chemsitry paper 12 today does anybody remember the answer to the 7 question about the equation at equilibrium.And also the question about the structure of C8H16Br2 what were the right options?

Reaction score
In chemsitry paper 12 today does anybody remember the answer to the 7 question about the equation at equilibrium.And also the question about the structure of C8H16Br2 what were the right options?
for 7 I chose B.. umm adding steam I think?
and the cracking one.. I went with C.. I think it was W and X.
But then you can ignore me cause I had a horrible paper *shrug*

Reaction score
Omg guys, I feel like crying. the paper was HORRIBLY confusing T.T me and my friends are all planning for october/november session... Anybody knows any duas that might help me feel better? T.T