• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

chemistry doubts

Reaction score
can some one explain cathodic protection real quick? Also, feel free to ask questions I will answer as many as I can :D or hopefully some one else will answer you if I am busy :D

Reaction score
cathodic protection is similar to electroplating.....here the object to be protected (usually iron things or steel) are kept as cathode and an active anode is use made of the substance which is to be used to protect the object .....
now if u ask hw it protects?? ans. is sacrificial protection
and don't think about it that much cathodic protection comes rarely ;)

Reaction score
can some one explain cathodic protection real quick? Also, feel free to ask questions I will answer as many as I can :D or hopefully some one else will answer you if I am busy :D
cathodic protection is similar to electroplating.....here the object to be protected (usually iron things or steel) are kept as cathode and an active anode is use made of the substance which is to be used to protect the object .....
and for more info goggle it and see wikipedia :D

Reaction score
thnx for ur reply really appreciate it :D feel free to post any doubts i will gladly help as much as i can