• We need your support!

We are currently struggling to cover the operational costs of Xtremepapers, as a result we might have to shut this website down. Please donate if we have helped you and help make a difference in other students' lives!
    Click here to Donate Now (View Announcement)

Can somebody solve this question

Reaction score
To draw a scale diagram, label the first two vectors A and B, then draw two more vectors. If the two vectors A and B are both drawn from the origin, place a copy of vector B at the arrowhead of vector A, and place a copy of A at the arrowhead of B. This should form a parallelogram where the two copies of vector A are on opposite sides of the parallelogram and the two copies of vector B are on opposite sides of the parallelogram. Label the corner of the parallelogram that is formed by the arrowheads of the two added vectors C. The scale depends on you, and how large your drawing is (1 cm= ?N). I have drawn the diagram below (not to scale, and done in a hurry):
ee.png

parallelogram-law.png

R is the magnitude of the resultant vector and 'a' is the direction of the vector.

Q=30 000 N and P= 20 000 N
θ= 20°

Therefore, if you input these values into the first equation, you should get a value of 49 270.997= 4.9 X 10^4 N. This is your magnitude of the vector.

Similarly, if you input the values into the second equation, you should get a value of 12°, calculated from the the direction 30 000 N. This is your angle between the resultant force and one of the original forces.

Hope I helped :D :) (y) :p

Last edited:
Reaction score
Th
To draw a scale diagram, label the first two vectors A and B, then draw two more vectors. If the two vectors A and B are both drawn from the origin, place a copy of vector B at the arrowhead of vector A, and place a copy of A at the arrowhead of B. This should form a parallelogram where the two copies of vector A are on opposite sides of the parallelogram and the two copies of vector B are on opposite sides of the parallelogram. Label the corner of the parallelogram that is formed by the arrowheads of the two added vectors C. The scale depends on you, and how large your drawing is (1 cm= ?N). I have drawn the diagram below (not to scale, and done in a hurry):
ee.png

parallelogram-law.png

R is the magnitude of the resultant vector and 'a' is the direction of the vector.

Q=30 000 N and P= 20 000 N
θ= 20°

Therefore, if you input these values into the first equation, you should get a value of 49 270.997= 4.9 X 10^4 N. This is your magnitude of the vector.

Similarly, if you input the values into the second equation, you should get a value of 12°, calculated from the the direction 30 000 N. This is your angle between the resultant force and one of the original forces.

Hope I helped :D :) (y) :p

Thank you wo much